1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Helps that it's not her job anymore.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The virtue signaling is strong with this one. I almost feel bad for her given how hard she is campaigning for a gig. Coulter's sharper and Tomi's hotter, so she'll probably end up doing some latenight show on the Blaze.

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

How come NFL players and other pro athletes are the only ones who should feel it's a privilege to earn millions of dollars and should toe the line? How about those in public office (both sides) treating everyone with more respect? Corporations that refuse to acknowledge wrongdoing while writing a billion dollar check to settle a government investigation? Why not get some of those sons of bitches off the field?

FileNotFound and Smallpotatoes like this.
  5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Peace to my brothers of the board, whether we have sparred or not.
    This is only part of my penance, that I am owing.
    It's Fart's third act - I hope even SJ.com will allow for it.

6. DanOregon

This is a sign of the pending apocalypse right?

I'm referring of course to Tomi Lahren and Britt McHenry on the same panel. Politics circa 2017. The Era of Bad Feelings.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That's an excellent question. Probably should have ended a long time ago. Tradition? I guess it had a ring to it.

Interesting the Giants weighed in. Always been a classy organization and usually tries to avoid controversy. Good on them.

Jets and Trump guy Woody Johnson unsurprisingly silent.

8. DanOregon

The silence from New England is deafening, considering Kraft's ties to Trump and how he's considered such an elder statesman of the league.

Maybe both are over-rated/exaggerated?

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I read it on Wikipedia (yeah, I know), but they're called the "New York Football Giants" on their incorporation papers.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Kind of lost in this is Trump whining that the NFL sucks because of rules changes to try to limit brain injuries and other serious injuries.

More false tough guy rhetoric from the silver spooner.

The NFL is different now. For legit reasons.

But what was the last study? 110 of 111 brains of NFL players examined had CTE? No choice than to try and make a violent game marginally more safe.

All players (and parents) now know the risk and can make informed decisions. The NFL will keep chugging.

Trump sounds like he wants these guys to be fed to the lions every week for his entertainment.

He said the same thing during the campaign. As if he's ever taken a physical hit.

tapintoamerica and HanSenSE like this.
  12. DanOregon

From last year, but it's nice to know he's a four-sport President.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.