1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Question re ratings: When Nielsen says a game had a 6.4 rating, is that number the average rating over 15-minute segments of the broadcast? I think I saw that somewhere. I'm going to guess that the rating for the first 15 minute segment-- if there is such a thing -- will be huge but that a massive drop off will follow. Any insights?

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We see this every time.

No one denies they have the right to do this. No one will get arrested or face civil penalties for failing to stand during the national anthem.

That doesn’t mean their protest is immune to criticism, or that they might not face sanctions from their employer.

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

How many delegates did Sharpton win whenever he ran for President. Zero? I could run for President and accomplish that?

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Dem poor old male honkeya

6. YankeeFan

Liberia didn’t really develop the way you would have hoped. It’s an interesting story though.

African Idyll

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Yeah, forget all the folks in South Texas, South Florida, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, or all the people losing health care. I'm gonna conduct foreign policy by quoting Elton John lyrics, then take on domestic policy by sassing sports commentators and players!

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Plenty claim they don't have the right to do it.

9. YankeeFan

Are you arguing that Sharpton is outside of the mainstream of the party, or some sort pariah within the party?

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

No. Nobody is interested in discussing Al Sharpton. Trump's continued racist behavior is the issue at hand.

Riptide likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

Link?

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Nobody plays "I know you are but what am I?" better than Yankee Fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.