1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. Because if you admit that Sharpton is at the center of the modern Democratic Party, you’d also have to admit that racial divisiveness has been at the heart of the Democratic Party.

You can’t just waive him away as irrelevant. Candidates seek his support and blessing. He was a regular visitor to the White House and was someone who’s advice and counsel was sought by the President of the United States.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Mnuchin: Trump doesn’t want to be in a nuclear war

“The president doesn’t want to be in a nuclear war and we’ll do everything we can to make sure that doesn’t occur," Mnuchin said on ABC's "This Week."

Well, that's a relief. I feel much safer now. Funny, it was never necessary before to reassure the American people that our President wasn't looking forward to a nuclear exchange.

I wonder what changed?

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

YF is probably just bothered that nobody has congratulated him about the Yankees' clinching a postseason berth last night.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

YF just gotta YF. Has just replaced "Hillary" with "Sharpton."

Meanwhile, as someone born in the 60s and growing up reading about Ali and Smith and Carlos, this day is chilling.

5. YankeeFan

Again, if you want to pretend that Trump’s actions in stirring divisiveness is new, or should be outside the bounds in American politics, then you need to have clean hands yourself.

Racial divisiveness has been central to Democrats.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Trump teeets recently:
    NFL 5
    Puerto Rico and USVI hurricane victims: 0

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

To borrow an earlier line from you, have fun running against Al Sharpton in 2020.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

As I said, you're the master. Everything everyone does is A-OK, because somebody else did it.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The very epicenter! I wake up every morning wondering, "What was Al Sharpton's take?"

11. YankeeFan

Poor African-American voters vote overwhelmingly for Democrats.

Am I really supposed to believe that Democrat politicians want fewer of them?

Except for when the ticket was headed by Barack Obama, getting the, to the polls has proven difficult.

So Dems push racial divisiveness

They’re going to put you back in chains.
    -
    Joe Biden

The more the Democrat party can do to make African-Americans feel like victims to our system, the more they benefit at the polls.

But this strategy has pushed working class white voters out of the party.

And so now both parties are using emotional appeals to gin up their base.

Somehow, Dems are suddenly offended by this.

12. YankeeFan

Al won’t be on the ballot, but his handiwork will be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.