1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Bad ratings! Mess you up!

My favorite thing about all this is that this ruins the entire life of Stick To Sports Guy. His tiny insular world has been invaded and he's furious.

This is the liberal's version of Trump sticking it to the libtards catharsis -- Kaepernick sticking it to the guy whose self-esteem is based on Aaron Rodgers' passer rating.

PCLoadLetter and Stoney like this.
  2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Our Tic-Tac-Toe Chicken-in-Chief continues to surprise with his wide range of interests.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Pretty sure this isn’t a new thing.

4. YankeeFan

And do what, give Kaepernick a job?

Because absent that, the owners can’t claim some high moral ground, and unity with their players, in the face of criticism from Trump.

5. YankeeFan

The Congress, by Senate Joint Resolution 115 of June 23, 1936 (49 Stat. 1895 as amended), has designated the last Sunday in September as "Gold Star Mother's Day."

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

They didn't die for the flag, you ninny.

HanSenSE and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Most human beings can claim the moral high ground on Trump.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Nobody is looking to the morally bankrupt NFL owners for leadership on this issue. Or Al Sharpton.

poindexter likes this.
  9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Best reply, considering the source.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

The diversion, not the proclamation. But you knew that. :cool:

11. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

Of the many, many issues I have with Trump, the fact that he's a cartoon character makes it maddeningly impossible to find common ground. When I say that his rhetoric is frightening and despotic, the ramblings of a lunatic pandering to a group of people too angry to see how much he feeds off of their impassioned ignorance, it's not because I'm an elitist liberal douche or that I'm trying to exaggerate the flaws of the other side. It just seems so transparently obvious that this is the case. I've been guilty of being an asshole before (my Dumb & Dumber t-shirt of both Presidents Bush made me the edgiest sophomore in Southern Indiana), and, despite the negativity, I feel like Trump has somewhat succeeded in spite of himself in galvanizing the level-headed across the political spectrum. But I find it increasingly hard to consider anyone who still offers full-throated support of this clown to be anything other than tragically stupid or completely lacking in moral character. I mean, it's one thing to screw with people on a message board when you're in the political minority, but I just can't fathom how anyone can actually take pride in this man representing their beliefs, much less their country.

12. YankeeFan

How’s it a diversion?

What day would you expect him to sign the proclamation?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.