1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

He is suppose to be the President, because of that status, no tweet can be more absurd than his.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Whoops. Meant to say "not a he said/she said." What if the identified didn't do the crime? Someone was assaulted and the other was falsely accused. I don't see why either would have more "rights" than the other.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Me, neither. But ... sorry, my good man ... that means you're on the good ship "Rape Apologist" with me. It's all right. We got good cable.

SpeedTchr and SnarkShark like this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

In a court of law, the burden of proof is on the accuser.

Until DeVos clarified the rule, you essentially had schools preferring the accused sue the school rather that risk a lawsuit from an alleged victim, which a university knows it can't win in the court of the public opinion. It can't win that battle because the media covers lawsuits poorly, repeating whatever assertions the lawsuit alleges without much heed to what may or may not be true.

That's all this is really about. Lawsuits. Bad press. Declining enrollment. Money. In the face of all that, who's the accused, except collateral damage?

doctorquant and SnarkShark like this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

And Rate My Professor reviews ... for God's sake, don't forget those!

Riptide likes this.
  7. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

No matter where you stand in this argument, this is a powerful picture in the context of that tweet/post.

What I wouldn't have given to have been in the locker room when Villanueva walked out of it for the national anthem. I think I would've been saluting him. And I'm willing to bet that maybe some, or all, of his teammates were doing it, too.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Is it fair to say that Drew Brees kind of nailed the whole anthem/protest issue for a lot of people?

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Meh. Or maybe he just did it to cash in on the explosion in his jersey sales purchased by mushy saps like you.

But I am impressed to learn that the 6'9" 34o lb guy was a Ranger. Aren't Rangers required to run vast distances, climb sheer walls and jump out of airplanes and shit? Those have gotta be extra tough tasks for a guy carrying his kind of poundage.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

11. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

I assume they were shooting B-roll for his next USAA commercial.

Vombatus likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You've got to be kidding me. Yeah, we had a black President - whose policies are being reversed just as quickly they can erase his nasty black finger marks.

I live in Alabama. Trust me, there was institutional racism here before, during, and after the Obama administration. Is it better than it once was? No question. Saying that you can't have it because the guy at the top is black is incorrect.

lakefront likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.