1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Link?

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Nice knowing y'all ...

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

"I'm no Judas. I'm not gonna betray the son of God."

"I don't know that this controversy has anything to do with religion..."

"I was talking about Jr."

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I know everyone has a secret plan to find someone attractive to sleep with in the final seconds before nuclear annihilation, but in this case if I'm spending my last moments here — no offense — I'm gonna just leave those emergency plans in the dossier and die with my dignity.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think this whole thing is just so damned stupid and laughable. Especially the reactions of Trumpistas who are now suddenly clutching their pearls and reaching for fainting couches.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

And my guess is that the Venn diagram that includes people hacked off about athletes protesting during the national anthem and people who want to fly the Confederate flag without pushback shows a tremendous amount of overlap. It has gotten to the point that I just kind of accept this kind of cognitive dissonance, but when you start thinking about it, you'll think yourself into a pretzel. I can't come up with any off the top of my head, but I have no doubt that the left also is a jumble of contradictory positions which our board's right-leaning members would be only too happy to list (and have).

I sincerely think race is the foundation of most of it, and it sends these sides into a million scattershot directions. Not exclusively racism, necessarily, but race.

For most individuals, now, the foundation is groupthink.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Roy Moore is going to win the Alabama primary by double digits and Trump is going to blame Mitch and people will forget that the reason he was in Alabama in the first place was to stump for Strange.
    What would be fun is if some sane GOPer decided to run as a write-in - they might win in the general.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump is totally going to see this as a victory for his own damn self.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I'd really like to know what Fucko's core base says aloud when presented with this question ...

[​IMG]

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"My ratings are beautiful. So beautiful. People are talking."

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

In case you lost track of what the leader of the Republican party was up to last week, courtesy SJ pal Kevin Roderick at LAObserved.

Let's see. Last week North Korea said Trump's verbal insults about that nation's leader makes a missile strike on the U.S. mainland "inevitable." The president called the Russia cyber allegations being investigated by Congress, the FBI, a federal grand jury, Facebook and Robert Mueller all a "hoax." He picked a fight with African American players in the NBA, and he used a nearly all-white rally in Alabama to call on the NFL to fire any "son of a bitch" who kneels during the national anthem. He's now expressed more personal anger against peaceful black NFL players than against the Nazi creeps who rioted in Charlottesville.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.