1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The harsher the rhetoric between N. Korea and the US, the more the Two Stupids are all but obligated to do something to back it up.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

And this is the only topic the world should be addressing today. This shit's getting real, as I've read around here before.

franticscribe likes this.
  3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Here in the United States I would argue there should be two topics on our agenda for the day: 1. Korea; 2. Puerto Rico & the Virgin Islands

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. I went looking for quotes from him, but didn't see any so I assumed he made himself unavailable. I get that he was probably angry with the situation, but he should have spoken to the media after the game. You are right that his disappearance effectively pushed off those questions to his teammates and coaches.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

China has to be the key here. They can't want a nuclear exchange that close to their border.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Back to this take: Brees makes good idealistic points here, especially how standing for the anthem should unify us all in our respect for flag, country, freedom and each other, but then what happens when the song is over? More often than not, people put the gloves back on, and it's hammer time again. Reminds me of weasel politicians who make sure the cameras catch them stopping by a church once a week, and then they strap on the laundry of polarized sides again.

Nevertheless, unity, equality and prosperity for all – or for most, at least – should be our national focus now.
    Trump seems to be doing everything he can, every day, to stir up the shitstorm for his ongoing amusement.

7. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Man, it's weird how folks were real excited not be PC, but then when some folks did some not PC stuff, they got all sorts of triggered.

It's almost as if PC meant something else to them, which is weird because it would imply standing for the national anthem is not politically correct.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

China has actually made its position pretty clear as diplomatic jargon goes. If the US starts something with North Korea, it will assist North Korea. If North Korea starts something with the US, it's on its own.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Who started something seems like it could require a pretty subjective judgment here, though.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Yes, but I believe Chinese officials were talking about direct military action. NK shooting down a US plane outside its own airspace or a US strike on NK nuclear facility. Concrete actions like that. For the war of words, they just say "that's not helpful" whenever either Kim or Trump shoots their mouth off.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Let the mods decide.

YankeeFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.