1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump’s reelection is really going to catch you guys off guard, isn’t it?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm confused about why you still consider Villanueva a folk hero at this point. He didn't speak after the game, and today seems to regret what he did.

If he had faced the media after the game, or even today, and owned what he did, I'd respect the hell out of him.

It seems people (you included) want to give him credit for something he's not claiming, just because you need a face for this.

(And, for the record, I thought the "protests" yesterday were almost universally a huge cop-out.)

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Not me. Power of incumbency.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Not me.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Only because I fully expect him to die from a heart attack before the next election.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Susan Collins says she won't vote for the shitty healthcare bill nobody wants.

Collins, McCain, Paul. Barring something dramatic, it's dead. Now how about working in bipartisan fashion to fix what we have? Anyone?

Expect more NFL tweets from Trump.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It could happen, so no. But your confidence in another perfect storm happening seems without any foundation in reality. Will you be caught off guard if he isn't reelected?

lakefront likes this.
  8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see how things are going the next two and a half years and see who is challenging him, not just in the GOP but the eventual Democratic nominee, before answering that question.

Right now, yes, I think it'd surprise me. Because I think a lot of people who either didn't take their vote seriously -- or didn't vote at all -- will have a different feeling the next time around. But too much has already happened to make it think that, if it can happen once, why not again

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don’t.

But, what was the point of him apologizing if Big Ben is going to be out there this coming week?

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Not at all. I remain as convinced today as I've always been that the same result would happen tomorrow. The people raising hell now were raising hell before the election. The millions fooled are still in love with him and cheering his every move. Go back to the cartoon I posted pages and pages ago. Oh Mr. Trump, your farts smell wonderful!

I won't be caught off guard at all. I'll be surprised if he doesn't win again. He has his zillions of sheep and they stand by their man.

That people with a brain can look at this guy and think he's presidential or doing a good job still shocks me. But clearly, a lot of people see it that way. A whole lot.

He'd win again tomorrow and he'll win again in 2020. I have yet to hear a single Trump voter say "wow did I ever fuck up."

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Because it's two different weeks.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

YF and my brother are morphing into the same person. My brother is so transfixed by trump, he called the election about a year and a half ago. All Trump all the time. Fox News in the kitchen tv.

A week ago on sunday, he was asking me about the falling NFL ratings. He said that people underestimate the 'middle america' disdain for the Kaeps of the world. There must me a memo that's disseminated to discuss this stuff.

TBH, he's become a big frigging bore. Doesn't follow sports any more. Fox News provides his sports entertainment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.