1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

She's working my corner!

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been saying the same thing. He essentially dared the players to kneel (they did) and then dared the owners to do something about it (they did not; in fact they did quite the opposite).

But his base ate it up, which I guess was the point.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I'm starting to see the first sign of something that might bear resemblance to a crack in the unconditional love and support for Trump among the, shall we say, less-informed. Completely anecdotal, it's only one example, etc., etc, but do with it what you will.

One of my best friends from high school is a meme-loving, blue-collar conservative. Full-on God, guns and guts guy. Lives now in the Inland Empire of California and bitches to no end about the California-ness of it all. (We grew up in the Lower Midwest.) Damn proud to be a Californian who voted for Trump and uses the very little time he spends on social media to tell us all so. His wife (who also grew up with us) is largely the same.

But in the mess of the social media shitstorm that bubbled up Sunday -- in which most of my peaked-in-high-school classmates participated with great love-it-or-leave-it-you-SOBs fervor -- she took an interesting turn with her meme production.

As it turns out, my friend's wife hates cops even more than she hates liberals. And it seems that among my social media contacts from my hometown, she alone remembered why Kaepernick was kneeling in the first place. Today she's posting questions about why Trump is ignoring Puerto Rico.

Until this weekend, she was all-in for Trump. Now she seems to want to actually participate in debate. It gives me some hope that Trump will cross enough of his individual voters' lines to create an irreparable fissure in that up-until-now unconditional support, maybe even enough to support a primary challenge.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

No wall.
    No repeal and replace.
    No tax reform.
    No mass return of industrial jobs.

The culture war of "Who truly loves 'Murica?!" is back, though. Oh, and triggered libtards.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

He's also set most government agencies back by several years by not filling positions. That's a conservative accomplishment.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That's not all that loud.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Too late.

Sorry, but fuck her.

Fuck all of them.