1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My understanding of the current protests isn't necessarily that they are signing onto his rantings, but that it is an, "I am Spartacus" move.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Maybe it's Trump who doesn't like America. Why doesn't he fix it as promised?

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, yeah. And, so what does it mean?

It’s now essentially an anti-Donald Trump statement, with Trump being on the side of the flag and the national anthem.

The players who are just now joining in this protest look silly, and manipulated at this point.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Also on the side of the flag and national anthem.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They think that Kaepernick is unemployed because he engaged in activism.

Ace and SnarkShark like this.
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I.. i really can't imagine who he votes for. No clue whatsoever.

8. YankeeFan

A. That’s always been a bullshit claim. Dems constantly claim Republicans seen questioning their patriotism. When you look for actual examples of this, you don’t find any, but your do find examples of Democrats questioning the patriotism of Republicans.

2. In the case of Kaepernick, it’s his own words and actions that draw the question.

9. YankeeFan

That’s a whole other protest, and linking arms with team owners while protesting such a thing would make no sense.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

There was a time in the world when "Goldberg" and "ham" didn't work so seamlessly in one sentence.

HC and typefitter like this.
  12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Rove: Obama's flag pin comments will be an issue

"That comment where he said, you know, 'After 9/11, I didn't wear a flag lapel pin because true patriotism consists of speaking out on the issues, not wearing a flag lapel pin?’ Well, to a lot of ordinary people, putting that flag lapel pin on is true patriotism. It's a statement of their patriotic love of the country. And for him to sit there and dismiss it as he did…" Rove added.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.