1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Now he tells us.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Had the exact same thought.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

George Clooney tees off on Trump ...

[​IMG]

Here’s the thing: I grew up in Kentucky. I sold insurance door-to-door. I sold ladies’ shoes. I worked at an all-night liquor store. I would buy suits that were too big and too long and cut the bottom of the pants off to make ties so I’d have a tie to go on job interviews. I grew up understanding what it was like to not have health insurance for eight years. So this idea that I’m somehow the “Hollywood elite” and this guy who takes a shit in a gold toilet is somehow the man of the people is laughable.

People in Hollywood, for the most part, are people from the Midwest who moved to Hollywood to have a career. So this idea of “coastal elites” living in a bubble is ridiculous. Who lives in a bigger bubble? He lives in a gold tower and has twelve people in his company. He doesn’t run a corporation of hundreds of thousands of people he employs and takes care of. He ran a company of twelve people! When you direct a film you have seven different unions all wanting different things, you have to find consensus with all of them, and you have to get them moving in the same direction. He’s never had to do any of that kind of stuff. I just look at it and I laugh when I see him say “Hollywood elite.” Hollywood elite? I don’t have a star on Hollywood Boulevard, Donald Trump has a star on Hollywood Boulevard! Fuck you!

George Clooney just slammed President Trump in a very NSFW fashion

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

George Clooney's dad was a news anchor and the host of a morning TV show when George was growing up.

He had a recurring role on the Facts of Life by the time he was 24.

Can we please not pretend that he lived some hard scrabble life growing up?

To whatever degree he "struggled", it's because he chose to take his shot in Hollywood, instead of completing college. That was a choice, and it paid of spectacularly.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Nobody k n o w s the trouble he's s e e n ... Nobody k n o w s, but George ...

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

even though he's commonly referred to as (and functionally is) the prime minister

trump had no clue, we can always assume.

heyabbott likes this.
  10. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Would you go to China?

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

no

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.