1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Kudos on the honesty, I guess.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This board has a poster, Ragu, who is one American who is sincerely and eloquently concerned about budget deficits. There are like about seven others. I wonder sometimes if they have dinner parties.

3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

And just a day after he called his female colleagues "eye candy."

Mark Walker is a grade A idiot. This is the same representative you might remember for getting upset about the government waste of the architect of the capital and park service for building mini duck ramps so ducklings could safely get out of the reflecting pool.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

We do. But we shop for dinner on a strict budget.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

And that meal does not go on a credit card.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

There's No Such Thing as a Free Supper Club

Vombatus and Pete like this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Join us next time on Dollars, Deficits and Debt Ceilings!

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But halfway through his maiden speech, he'd suddenly yell "Omaha" and change directions.

EDIT: Curse you, micropolitan guy.

Vombatus likes this.
  9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Someone check the receipts on those jerseys. Could be a Jason Bateman money-laundering scheme.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Who is Roy Moore and Why Is His Bid for Alabama Senator So Dangerous?

"And, no, when it comes to the people who voted for Moore, I don’t have to “respect their beliefs.” I don’t have to “understand where they’re coming from.” I don’t have to “see it from their side.” These people are preparing to make a lawless theocratic lunatic one of 100 United States Senators, and that means these people are about to inflict him and his medievalism on me, too. If you think that Roy Moore belongs in the Senate, then you are a half-bright goober whose understanding of American government and basic civics probably stops at the left side of your AM radio dial. You have no concept of the national interest and very little concept of your own, unless, as I suspect, you’ve made your own fears, and hating people and hawking loogies in all directions, the sum total of your involvement in self-government. You are killing democracy and you don’t know it or care. If you had any real Christian charity in your hearts, you’d keep Roy Moore in the locked ward of your local politics and not loose him on a nation that deserves so much better than him.

Why do I not have to “respect their beliefs,” besides the fact that most of those beliefs belong in a cage? I don’t have to “respect their beliefs” because the U.S. Senate to which they are preparing to send him is in the process of screwing them with their pants on and they could care less."

12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

You are wrong. Trump lied, I believe, 6 times when he said they had the votes but someone was in the hospital. Good Lord, he flat out lied, the guy wasn't in the hospital, he was coming back if there was a vote and they clearly didn't have the votes. The President has lied nearly every single day he has been in office. Not "politics like always" lies but egregious, full blown lies. At times lies that serve no purpose. If the media doesn't point this out they are failing all of us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.