1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'd love to know if great conservative Christian hero Roy Moore will put his money where his vile mouth is and vow to introduce a constitutional amendment to overturn that section of Article VI that reads, " ...no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." If he believes Muslims shouldn't be in Congress, shouldn't he have the guts to say so on the floor of the Senate?

And while we're at it, let's ask this great public servant if he thinks states can ignore federal court rulings like Citizens United or if it's only the libruhl decisions that can be ignored. What say you, Senator?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It would be interesting if Kaepernick finally sat for an interview. I imagine he never figured he'd be identified as the leader of a movement, nor did he want to be. But the way things are so now - he might be the only person to chill this thing out, because of his silence people have been able to say the protest is about anything and everything, that you can lock arms, kneel or whatever - I don't know if people are acknowledging social injustice, supporting teammates, hating on the military or the President or what. I do know that once people start making the protest ABOUT the protest and not the issue, the thing stops being an effective tool to raise public awareness.

WriteThinking likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Next time some white supremacists decide to march with Confederate flags, their opponents should just take a knee. The opponents can just say they're showing respect for the troops who fought under the American flag.

The white supremacists won't know how to react.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Well, not entirely true. We've got two rules here: politics only in the politics thread (when it is open) and pussycat.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Imagine all the [best] people...

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Such populism!

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He'll just say something like "it's not a religion, it's a terrorist philosophy."

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Don't forget Mnuchin taking the wife to watch the eclipse in the zone of totality (and I guess tour Fort Knox to make sure all the gold was still there).

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Which we first knew about because wifey got into an Instagram fight with someone after posting about how great their trip was while making sure to tag all the designer fashion clothes she was wearing.

10. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

How many of you enlightened ones who think kneeling during the national anthem is so courageous, brave, and patriotic knelt at the games you covered last week? How many of you plan on kneeling during the anthem this week?

I mean, you do support them right? And since they're so right and I'm so wrong, you will kneel alongside them right?

Yeah. That's what I thought.

11. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Yeezus

SnarkShark likes this.
  12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Have you been drinking?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.