1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Jesus, @Doc Holliday, you sound like a walking, talking meme. We expect better construction and logic in our conservative viewpoints here on the politics thread. You make YF sound like William Fucking Buckley by comparison.

HanSenSE and JC like this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

So that's what the F (in WFB) stood for ...

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Every SEC game I covered, there was a rush to the bathroom by a lot of guys right as the anthem approached. In that situation, do I zip up and put my hand on my heart at the urinal? Or can I wash my hands first?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How convenient ...

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Doc's Facebook profile pic is a bald eagle jumping a Dodge Charger over the White House.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Exactly.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Due out Oct. 17.

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Adam Silver -- who I think is a brilliant guy -- said yesterday he expects players to stand for the anthem. This is three weeks after he and Michelle Roberts sent out an email praising and supporting the players' activism.

To me, that is proof leagues feel there is a tangible punishment from the fans for letting players kneel during the anthem

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Even LeBron said he'll be standing for the anthem.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I put myself in his shoes, and what I'd be thinking. You're not going to lose any fans if they players stand for the anthem. If some players don't stand, you could be looking at controversy, and controversies can have unpredictable outcomes. It doesn't mean he necessarily thinks fans are going to abandon the league over it. But he'd certainly prefer to just avoid the whole thing. That's pretty rational.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.