1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Until earlier this week I thought so, too ... but Monday I got an email from Management Science asking me to review a manuscript, and the first thing on the reviewer questionnaire was "What is your FAIL rating on Rate My Professors?" So there must be something to it.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Remember when the pothead presidential candidate sunk his candidacy for not knowing Aleppo?

HanSenSE and YankeeFan like this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

OUTING ALERT!

[​IMG]

5. poindexter

[​IMG]

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Until then he was a shoo-in.

poindexter and YankeeFan like this.
  7. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Not one of you Snowflakes addressed the point I was making. And that point is, you're sure as hell not about to take a knee during the national anthem. Everyone of you have more respect for our country than those million dollar turds.

Even the Snowflakes know they're wrong. They're just too proud to admit it. That's my point.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you're a journalist, you'd be becoming the story - not reporting on it. You would be better off writing about the players and why they are doing it.
    Second - you'd have to explain to people why you are taking a knee, since everyone has their own spin about what you are doing when taking a knee.
    Third - my life experience may be different than those taking a knee. I'd no sooner stop them from taking a knee, than I would order everyone else to join them from taking a knee.
    And lastly, I think standing for the anthem is a token gesture - one that I take pride in doing when the anthem is played, but also something that will lose all relevance once it becomes mandatory and everybody does it - not out of love of country, but out of fear of being judged by those around them.
    People bitch and moan about paying taxes - is that showing respect for the country? Freedom isn't free.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Wait until someone tells him about the Pacific. That's really, really big ocean water.

Half my household refuses to stand for our anthem. Was doing it long before it became cool. That count for anything? :)

10. poindexter

The fat finger struck again. We are back up to four people recommending this thread. Everybody check your facebook activity.

11. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Once again, avoiding the answer. Writing around it. Talking around it. If you guys support it, which you obviously do, then do it yourself. Maybe you get the whole damn stadium to take a knee, right?

Like I said, you're all talk. None of you will take a knee during the national anthem to support their cause because they don't know even know what their cause is or or what they're protesting, and you sure as hell don't support it either. Damn I love Snowflakes.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.