1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

A constant national disgrace.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I've come to believe that it will be the Mueller Report that does it, assuming Trump doesn't fire him before then.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Are you following the news?

Supplies are in port. The problem is getting them distributed within the island.

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

We have to stop hoping these things because he is mentally unable to do this. He---no sarcasm or exaggeration intended---has a mental illness that there is no cure for.

BadgerBeer and RickStain like this.
  5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I know nothing about these situations and the logistics of it but I have wondered why they are not sending helicopters with supplies to the farther unreachable areas? I wonder if drones could aid with that as far as scoping out the landing, etc.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Let's stop pretending this won't make him even more of a hero to his supporters for telling off those freeloading illegals.

7. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Update: America's weakest President remains soft and weak.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They’ve done air drops.

Seriously, if you want to argue that we “should be doing more” you should probably be following the story, know what’s already been done, know what the issues are, and have specific recommendations.

Otherwise, this is all just more Trump bashing.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I don't think there's anything he could say or do that would turn Republicans against him. Aside from his idiocy, he went against them on the budget—he's proven he's not a Republican in any real sense. And that still didn't do it. Even Mueller's report, however damning, won't see him impeached I don't think. He's here until the next election unless his KFC-clogged arteries burst.

EDIT: See @YankeeFan's post above. Nothing will move certain people to see what this man is.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's true. The biggest problem is that most of the trees on the whole damn island were blown down, and most of the roads have trees across them. It is very difficult to get supplies out to where they are desperately needed.

Trump could be saying "There's a horrible bottleneck getting supplies to where they are needed. That's why I have ordered the Air Force and Navy to find any possible way to get more helicopters to Puerto Rico. We are going to deploy Engineering elements of our Armed Forces there as well as the resources of FEMA which are already moving. The U.S. Government will not stand and watch as our fellow citizens in Puerto Rico suffer. Help is on the ground but things are not moving as quickly as they need to be, so more help is on the way."

That would be much more helpful than "Our people in Puerto Rico are doing an amazing, tremendous job!".

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If Republicans lose either house of Congress in 2018, they will turn against him with a vengeance.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.