1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I mostly agree, but I wish to add some dressing.

I think that a lot of people susceptible to Trump think that niceties - witness the obsession with “political correctness” - get in the way of progress, progress as they conceptualize it. I don’t know that they all love seeing Trump bully people in a vacuum. They do think that he’s somehow cutting through the bullshit, and that this will lead to good things occurring.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Giving them too much credit

3. Dick Whitman

I don’t think Trump was thinking race when he tweeted. But goddamn you’ve got to be more aware than that.

“These people who happen to live in Chinatown, damn do they need to learn to drive.”

4. Dick Whitman

A lot of them are just assholes.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The Bay Area. Like most libertarians, he knows everything.

"When I moved to CA, I read six books on earthquakes and did what they said. I am getting the impressions that the Puerto Ricans did not read six books on hurricanes. We spent extra money to protect ourselves here. Now we are also asked or ordered to pay extra money for nine stitches in Puerto Rico that could have been saved by the stitch in time that they did not do.
    At some point, people who spend themselves into bankruptcy or who neglect their infrastructure or who do not prepare for “rainy days” need to do the nine stitches themselves. Then maybe they will finally learn the lesson they failed to learn earlier. For us to continue to subsidize people who build on flood plains, who do not enforce sound building codes, who do not have sound building codes, who live in a Cat one house in a location where Cat five storms are possible is unfair to us and not doing the “victims” any good in the long run."

I don't think we need to worry about running out of money helping Puerto Rico or anyplace else. That will never happen and should not be a concern.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, a hurricane flattening her island and city is a political opportunity, right?

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

No, I think this is the base thought of the more "reasonable" Trumpsters. They want change, and if civility goes out the window with it, all the better. They can be as inappropriate as they like.

poindexter likes this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Dear people in Puerto Rico, don't believe your own lying eyes.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Fucking idiot can't even comprehend that nobody is watching news in Puerto Rico because they don't have power.

And the media is doing its job reporting in a human crisis. Jesus. Now "fake news" is showing American citizens who are desperate for help.

Trump is mentally ill.

Iron_chet, Smallpotatoes and HanSenSE like this.
  11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It is unnerving how far people will twist to avoid that very obvious conclusion. Unnerving in the sense that democracy is probably irrevocably damaged

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  12. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Trump's behavior is easier to understand when you accept that he is the pure definition of a sociopath, one who is "a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.