1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Seriously. There is nothing bringing these ignorant shitstains back to reality. If you don't believe me take a fucking gander at the amount of people on social media who believed the photoshop of the flag being burned in the Seattle Seahawks locker room.

An example from my own news feed from last year. Remember the picture being circulated of the large black dude in camo with a machine gun during the Dallas shootings? Remember how it turned out to be fake? Someone (since blocked) on my news feed shared that pic and another person corrected her and said it had been proven to not be the suspect. Her response? "Don't care." Yup. Summarizes it well. They don't care what the truth is bevauee they're damn determined to believe their own, just like their Daddy does.

lakefront, heyabbott and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Some Trump supporters are people who made a bad mistake and are still unwilling to admit it. The others are just irredeemable. Social shunning is the only way to deal with them.

BadgerBeer and heyabbott like this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Painting people with broad strokes is even more irredeemable.

4. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

What broad strokes? Gee stated that some made a mistake and others are irredeemable. What other group did he miss? Are you arguing that it wasn't a mistake to vote for Trump? My God, nearly every day brings more embarrassment and division on our country. I voted for W the first time and I admit it was a mistake in my mind. But i would never accuse those that were happy with their vote irredeemable. This is very, very different however.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I thought YF was your pal. :cool:

6. Riptide

Trump called San Juan’s mayor a weak leader. Here’s what her leadership looks like.

[​IMG]

On Saturday, Cruz dismissed Trump's tweets with a smile. She was dressed in combat boots and cargo pants as she oversaw the distribution of supplies from San Juan.

"The most powerful man in the world is concerned with a 5-foot-tall, 120-pound little mayor of the city of San Juan," she said.

Suddenly, many others were concerned as well. Cruz fielded calls all day long from U.S. senators and business leaders. Reporters mobbed her for interviews. And all day long, her criticism of the relief effort did not soften.

"It's like a clogged artery," she said of federal government's bureaucratic hurdles. "The heart has stopped beating."

When asked if there was anything political in her barbed remarks, Cruz denied it.

"I don't have time for politics," she said. "There is a mission, and that is to save lives."

Then in the middle of an interview, the mayor got a call about a generator catching fire at San Juan hospital. She quickly mobilized her staff, barking out orders like a general.

And, within minutes, she was rushing once more out into her city.

melock, OscarMadison and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I wonder if he'll fly in a group of cheering supportes. On the taxpayer dime.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

True. I'm sure many players will still kneel. And Trump will have a series of stupid tweets one way or the other. It's all he can do. Because he sure as shit can't do his job.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I only paint people with broad strokes when I see them being jerkoffs 11 times in a row. Unfortunately, that happens all the time on social media.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

New topic!

11. Riptide

12. Riptide

Also: Someone said the other day that Trump sounds like a kid giving a book report for a book he didn't read.

Webster and Neutral Corner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.