1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Since some members here like to keep track of the count and the amount:

Trump Golf Count

Inky_Wretch and jr/shotglass like this.
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Asked and answered. :)

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Krugman passing along #FakeNews:

Doesn't apologize, just calls it "unconfirmed" after being called out on the false claim.

4. YankeeFan

Let's try again: is there any reporting that Trump played golf yesterday?

The link you provided does not contain any such reporting.

Trump Golf Count

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Here's something I thought of yesterday. Trump has spent the weekend about 30 miles from the site of the Presidents Cup. The PGA Tour is like his strongest demographic and golf fans probably aren't far behind. The former Presidents were there. Why didn't he go?
    YF, have you ever heard of someone visiting a golf course except to play golf, watch a tournament or attend a wedding reception? Cause I never.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sounds like Krugman's using Trump's playbook by not apologizing.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

It's a simple question: is there any reporting that Trump played golf yesterday?

If the answer is no, just say so.

Instead, we get a guy giving me a link that does not say he did, as proof that he did play golf.

I think it's a pretty simple concept, if you want to say Trump was playing golf while Puerto Rico suffered, there should be some evidence he actually played golf.

But, what do I know, I never spent a Friday night covering a high school football game.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Honest to god, YF, if he's whacking off, I don't much care whether it's with a 7-iron or his right hand.

And no, we all get that you're above covering high school football on a Friday night. You're an urban legend.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You and I both know he played golf. Or else he watched TV. That's it. The tweet timetable tells the story.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

He might have just gone there to hide from his office again.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Damn ungrateful Hispanics. They probably kneel during the anthem and speak Spanish. We should cut them off the government teat since they aren't Real Americans!!! #MAGA

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

This will be Trump's political legacy. A blueprint for an even more malevolent but savvier sort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.