1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You misspelled "exhumation."

doctorquant likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump’s company had more contact with Russia during campaign, according to documents turned over to investigators

"Associates of President Trump and his company have turned over documents to federal investigators that reveal two previously unreported contacts from Russia during the 2016 campaign, according to people familiar with the matter.

In one case, Trump’s personal attorney and a business associate exchanged emails weeks before the Republican National Convention about the lawyer possibly traveling to an economic conference in Russia that would be attended by top Russian financial and government leaders, including President Vladimir Putin, according to people familiar with the correspondence.

In the other case, the same Trump attorney, Michael Cohen, received a proposal in late 2015 for a Moscow residential project from a company founded by a billionaire who once served in the upper house of the Russian parliament, these people said. The previously unreported inquiry marks the second proposal for a Trump-branded Moscow project that was delivered to the company during the presidential campaign and has since come to light."

-------------------------
    5/11/2017

Trump denies any links to Russia: 'No loans, no nothing'

"President Donald Trump again firmly denied Thursday that he has any financial links to Russia.

In an exclusive NBC News interview, Trump said he had a private law firm send a letter to Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina asserting that he has "nothing to do with Russia." The president has repeatedly fought the assertion that he or people close to him have ties to the country amid probes into Moscow's interference, reported by U.S. intelligence services, in the 2016 election.

"I have had dealings over the years where I sold a house to a very wealthy Russian many years ago. I had the Miss Universe pageant — which I owned for quite a while — I had it in Moscow a long time ago. But other than that, I have nothing to do with Russia," Trump said.

Trump specifically said he has no investments or loans in or from Russia."

heyabbott likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Hundreds of White House emails sent to third Kushner family account

Well, now there's another private Jared and Ivanka e-mail account with hundreds more White House emails. Why is it that every time Jared Kushner comes forward to correct something that he's done wrong, when he says "That's it, that's all of it", he has to come back week or two later and correct his correction and list all the stuff that he didn't mention?

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

LOCK HIM UP!!!

Ace and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

At this point, one wonders if Mueller is thinking, "I wish these morons would stop sending me incriminating evidence so I could take a weekend off."

LongTimeListener and HanSenSE like this.
  6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

What does this even mean? Do you think he is endorsing repealing murder laws? Are you advocating outlawing fire?

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It's almost as if they're trying to cover up something. I wonder what it could be.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch and HC like this.
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Please show me one member of the GOP who has ever said that emergency medical treatment is a privilege.

12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

You are correct in the immediate aftermath but what would happen to a victim after the emergency care? Would issues from the mass shooting be considered pre-existing conditions? I honestly don't know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.