1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You earned most of the insults you endure here by unquestionably supporting people who do at least tolerate racial discrimination and the views of Neo-Nazis.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

@YankeeFan must have been busy at work the last couple days, his post count is considerably lower then normal.

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

He killed or wounded nearly 600 people in only about 5 minutes firing from over 400 yards away.

That alone tells me all I need to know about his weaponry.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

No, I heard he was working with O.J. to find the killers.

melock and HanSenSE like this.
  5. outofplace

How dare society make hunters' lives inconvenient just to save people's lives!

6. outofplace

The people being the NRA, which is actually a relatively small part of the population, but one that wields an inordinate amount of power for its size.

Also, this isn't a direct democracy. Our elected officials are able to make decisions that might poll at less than 50 percent. Of course, that takes courage of conviction that many of them seem to lack.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"I hate to tell you Puerto Rico, but you've thrown our budget a little out of whack."

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Because that will definitely save lives?

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"So what’s your death count? Sixteen? You can be very proud, only sixteen instead of thousands in Katrina."

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It's the long term they object to. You can get shot and receive free emergency treatment, but what about the follow up visits? Not covered by the emergency provisions. GOP doesn't think government has an obligation to facilitate health care in general.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Which begs the action step: why doesn't Jimmy Kimmel start an NRA membership drive, and get as many pro-life people like myself as possible to join the organization, replace the board with directors who support sensible gun-ownership, then remain vigilant against the "lifeboat" NRA spin-off that's bound to happen? At the very least, we could level the political playing field.

Jssst21 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.