1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What the fuck do the facts matter?

WTF happened here? Seriously, you guys are just trolling me here, aren't you?

@poindexter said: What a comfort that must be to the 600 people with bullet holes in them in a 10 minute spree.

I make no argument that the gunman is not responsible for all the injuries. I'm not attempting to downplay the severity of the overall incident, nor the specific injuries suffered by anyone.

I'm simply stating, correctly, that 600 people don't have bullet holes in them.

I don't understand why this is offensive to some, and I didn't say it in any way that could be construed as argumentative.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

And you can take a victory dance on a semi automatic weapon being jiggered to fully simulate being an automatic weapon because it hits a Rush Limbaugh-ish talking point, but you get a big FU from me.

It walked like a duck, shot like a fully automatic, but he didn't purchase an automatic. Spike the ball, why doncha?

melock, Riptide and SnarkShark like this.
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They like the college game. Those kids play fundamental ball, hustle, use teamwork.

I Should Coco and Hermes like this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Also, they have grit.

5. YankeeFan

My apologies. I thought your reply was argumentative. I see now that was not the case.

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

LOL Trump voter, making sarcasm about people disregarding facts.

Hey what's the real unemployment number these days?

melock likes this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Maybe the AARP should stop soliciting members 20 years before retirement.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

This really wasn't the point I was trying to make.

It's just that fully automatic weapons are very strictly regulated. It would have been a very rare event for someone to have legally -- or illegally -- acquired a fully automatic weapon, and to have used it in a mass murder.

It's not something we have seen previously.

And, while folks like @doctorquant have pointed out that it's fairly simple for someone who knows what they're doing to illegally modify a weapon to make it fully automatic, we still haven't see this as step previous mass murders have taken .

All I was warning against was the making of assumptions when the odds, based on previous events of this nature, would indicate he didn't have a fully automatic, or illegally modified firearm.

And then everyone told me what an idiot I was...

9. YankeeFan

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

A number short of 600 people were shot by a man with something that spit out bullets the same rate as an automatic. I don't give a shit about the rest. You do. Take your victory dance. Not one of the 59 dead were killed by a fully automatic weapon. Woo hoo!

HanSenSE and SnarkShark like this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Values facts above all else.

Unconditionally stands behind anything Trump and his administration say.

Believes details matter.

Believes grammur and puntchewation du nut

He is, "The Most Contradictory Man In The World."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.