1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That vote was awfully pro-life of us.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hey! Look over here! Don't look over there!

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I hope I can be reincarnated 500 years from now so I can see how all this shit turned out.

4. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

There must be some reason for the no vote doesn't there? Not much this administration does surprises me but this seems particularly evil.

Edit: We abstained from a vote condemning death penalty in 2014. That one did not highlight the LGBTQ community but we are still a shitty country that is totally in the wrong regarding capital punishment and we have been for a long time.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Our government is completely under the control of a political party that receives a minority of support from the public but managed to stay in power through rules written to give them an edge and systematic voter suppression.

We have an out of control gun problem to the tune of roughly four 9/11s every year.

We are a world leader in all kinds of shit like prisoners per capita and very little good. We have a massive wealth gap and we spend more than anyone on health insurance while getting worse results. We are operating an offensive war with no end in sight and threatening at least one more.

I remember reading about a poll once where Americans identity their country with the rebels in Star Wars but almost everyone else sees us as the Empire.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I know I get shit for being the Canadian who looks down on America (not just latitudinally), but the U.S. is the scariest country on earth, and it's not close. It's like living next to a 300-pound self-harming Pentecostal with a meth addiction.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Funny thing is that war's been going on so long that we've forgotten it's still going on.

Does anyone ever talk about Afghanistan any more? You know, we are still fighting a war there, people still dying all the time.... yaaawn, did you hear the latest about Caitlyn Jenner?

8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Give me a fucking break. You would be less scared in Russia or the Philippines, where they are regularly killing or jailing journalists?

How about Honduras? How about North Korea? I could go on.

Iron_chet likes this.
  9. typefitter

Living in them? Sure. Living beside them? No.

Honduras? Seriously?

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'd say this trip may go down as one of Trump's biggest flusterclucks, but he's going to Vegas Wednesday.

11. typefitter

I really can't decide if he's a moron, a lout, or losing his mind. I'm not sure he's well.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"Hello, Vegas! They love me here, everyone knows that.
    Hey, at least nobody got flooded, right? Have a good time, folks!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.