1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He'd cut his lie total almost in half if he would just stop insisting on pretending he was the first or only president to ever do things.

britwrit likes this.
  2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Someone haz a sad.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Poor him.

5. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Histrionics like this don't help matters...they cause people to tune the left out.

Every nation on Earth, with the potential exceptions of Greenland, Australia and Antarctica, sits close to a country that fits the majority of this criteria to a far scarier degree than America does. There are places in the continental United States that are further from Toronto than all of Europe is from Syria. You want to talk about weird, racist, drug addicted, unhinged religious people who don't believe in science and are perpetually at war?

I guess there's an argument to be made that the costs of sharing a border with America outweigh benefits like being able to devote 50 percent less than the world average (as a percentage of GDP) to military spending and roll the savings into social programs, but to pretend that the instability in America is even close to the scale of places like Pakistan, the Phillipines, North Korea, or the entire continent of Africa? That's not a good way to get people to listen.

OscarMadison and SpeedTchr like this.
  6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yesterday, those bonds were trading around 44 cents on the dollar. This morning, in the wake of his yapping, they are down to 33 cents on the dollar.

Unfortunately, during the financial crisis, we threw property rights out the window. So the barn door may actually somehow be open for some kind of extralegal intervention by the Federal government, as antithetical as it is to American values -- property rights and freedom from government despotism.

I'll say this. For a complete idiot, Trump actually has part of the politician playbook down. He threw in a bunch of"Wall Street" and "Goldman Sachs" to try to stoke the nonsensical populism that makes people OK with outright theft by the government. If the rhetoric somehow becomes action, I am sure the significant number of middle class people not named Goldman Sach sand Wall Street who bought and still hold those muni bonds because they thought they would be a safe way to build a retirement nest egg will be A OK with being robbed of what little claim they have left by the U.S. government.

Nick Mulvaney -- everyone's favorite fiscal hawk turned Keynesian spend thrift the minute he was given the keys to the car -- is already trying to talk back the comment, I believe.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yep.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A. I’m going to guess he is confused

2. My point was that it would be an extremely rare event for a gunman to have used a fully automatic weapon, or to have illegally modified a weapon. Because it would be so rare, I warned against concluding as much until we had some confirmation.

C. I didn’t spike the football, but when I say let’s wait for reporting, and folks call me an idiot, and tell me it’s definitely a fully automatic, when we still have no reporting that says it is, I’m not sure why I’m supposed to concede my very simple point.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Wonder if Jesus is as bad a speller as Trump is ...

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Donald Trump. Nuclear arsenal.

I have nothing further, your honour.

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Who's going to tell her that's not a photo?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.