1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Or at least poetic justice.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

This from last year ...

Trump, whose awkward referrals to Jesus as “somebody I can revere in terms of bravery” and communion as “my little wine … and my little cracker” have made evangelicals cringe, describes himself as a Presbyterian who goes to church “when I can.” Few Americans consider Trump to be very religious, according to the Pew Research Center.

Pastor Jentezen Franklin, who sits with Dobson on Trump’s evangelical advisory board, told the Gainsville Times that the candidate said he rededicated his life to Christ a decade ago.

Some of the mainstream media jumped on Dobson’s comments, leading him to point to controversial televangelist Paula White as the source of the potential “born again” incident. In an interview with Trump, Mike Huckabee also referred to the close relationship between White and Trump, calling her his “spiritual counselor and advisor.”

“My conversations with Paula, who I adore, (are) a great reminder to me that you are willing to listen to spiritual counsel from people who you know and you trust,” Huckabee told Trump.

[​IMG]With little evidence of repentance, many questioned the claim.

“Oh give me a break,” author and blogger Rachel Held Evans tweeted. “Donald Trump hasn’t been born again. The Religious Right has simply sold out. James 2, folks.”

Baptist blogger and seminary professor Denny Burk agreed, tweeting that “if true, we’d rejoice w/arms open. But if ‘baby Xtian’ means ‘Xtian with no fruit,’ how does this change anything?”

Dobson Explains Why He Called Trump a ‘Baby Christian’

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Riptide

Puerto Rico Issues Travel Ban on Malignant Narcissists

SAN JUAN (The Borowitz Report)—Calling the move an “urgent response to recent unfortunate events,” Puerto Rico has issued a sweeping travel ban on malignant narcissists, effective immediately. ...

Puerto Rico took the forceful action after an incident on Tuesday, in which a man with narcissistic-personality disorder gained entry to the island and inexplicably hurled projectiles at unwitting Puerto Ricans.

“We had to do something,” one government official said. “Enough is enough.”

Puerto Rico’s ban on malignant narcissists drew widespread praise from people around the world, with many Americans calling for a similar ban in the mainland United States.

Puerto Rico Issues Travel Ban on Malignant Narcissists

outofplace likes this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Damn ...

(And I just saw that tweet as Trump cut a joke at the Vegas press conference.)

LongTimeListener likes this.
  8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

We're not even a year in. This thing is turning on him, slower than it should, but nonetheless.

9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Short of impeachment or indictment, I guess the best we hope for is Trump as bored and disengaged figurehead.

12. Riptide

What about a house fire? Asking for a friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.