1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"You'll see".

I wonder what tomorrow's Friday afternoon dump will be.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The Iran deal isn’t a treaty.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I am amazed on a weekly basis that supposedly intelligent, professional people communicate like this via email. It really bothers me when reporters do it. Or those few reporters who don't capitalize things on Twitter. I want to shake them.

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

i bet u do lol

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

One of my Trump-supporting friends actually told me Iran never had any intention of abiding by the terms of the deal. They just said to themselves "Ha, ha, suckers!" and kept on building nuclear weapons. I told him that the IAEA verified that Iran was abiding by the terms of the agreement and he said Iran just his everything from them when they came in for the inspections.

Why do people think life really works like that?

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Man yells at wall.

JC likes this.
  8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Is it a semi-treaty?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You really believe him? You're funny.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I read this yesterday. Long on narrative and probably could have used another editor or two, but some genuinely damning facts that essentially confirm what many of us believed was happening.

Call it what you want. A multilateral agreement? Bottom line is it's a deal that was entered in good faith. Trump believes he can break deals without consequences. He's wrong. Dangerously wrong.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That's actually how the agreement works. Iran has declared certain sites as not covered by the agreement and can bar IAEA inspectors from them/others unless advance notice is given.

Independent of the process issue -- it should have been put before the Senate for ratification, but Obama knew there was no way that would happen -- this agreement is a sham. Its purpose was the reaching of an agreement, not the restraining of Iran's nuclear ambitions.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"I have said in the past that I find humor in breaking taboos and laughing at things that people tell me are forbidden to joke about," Yiannopoulos wrote in a statement to BuzzFeed News. "But everyone who knows me also knows I'm not a racist. As someone of Jewish ancestry, I of course condemn racism in the strongest possible terms. I have stopped making jokes on these matters because I do not want any confusion on this subject. I disavow Richard Spencer and his entire sorry band of idiots. I have been and am a steadfast supporter of Jews and Israel. I disavow white nationalism and I disavow racism and I always have.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.