1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh? Is this a “domestic audience”thing?

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Basically. There's a lot of face-saving in diplomacy. I suspect this is some of that.

Also, most agreements or deals or treaties seeking to limit a specific technology can be undone by the single turn of a screw.

That flap a couple of weeks ago about whether or not the B-1 bomber is "nuclear capable" is a good example.

Of course the plane is nuclear capable. That's what it was designed for.

But by agreement we have rendered it nuclear incapable - by turning a couple screws.

If we can be counted upon not to turn those screws back to their original setting, why can't Iran?

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yiannopoulos also had a private relationship with the venture capitalist Peter Thiel, though he was more circumspect than some other correspondents. After turning down an appearance on Yiannopoulos’s podcast in May 2016 (Thiel: “Let’s just get coffee and take things from there”), Thiel invited the Breitbart tech editor for dinner at his Hollywood Hills home in June, a dinner Yiannopoulos boasted of the same night to Bannon: “You two should meet. … An obvious candidate for movie financing if we got external. … He has fucked [Gawker Media founder Nick] Denton & Gawker so many ways it brought a tear to my eye.”

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Like ours, Iran's national political scene is full of conservatives and religious whackos and progressives taking polarized positions, trying to undermine the positions of their opponents, and later trying to save face.

My question to those who would have us vacate the Iran nuclear deal because it is limited: What is the better deal that is to be had that we along with China, France, German, China and the UK could not negotiate in the first place? What is the better course of action?

Because I'm all for a better, more all-encompassing deal with Iran that brings peace, flowers and chocolate chip cookies to the Middle East.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I do NOT want to know what is going on in HC.

Ick. Doubt it is anything from Bill.

doctorquant likes this.
  7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm confident the man who brought us "four humiliating failed attempts at repealing Health Care despite his party controlling both houses of Congress" can negotiate a better deal, as long as it only involves drywall and marble countertops and a contractor he can stiff.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

doctorquant likes this.
  10. Songbird

Some serious wars being waged. Would love to know how BuzzFeed got those emails. Who flipped? Who was the mole? Who's hacking?

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

12. Songbird

My first thought was Milo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.