1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

He certainly provided the statement you'd expect from someone laughing in the background and saying, "who, me?"

2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

SouthEAST Missouri State, goddammit. I will defend the good name of Southwest Missouri State.

BitterYoungMatador2 and Chef2 like this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It is sort of funny when certain people call out other’s lack of schooling.

@Azrael doing it would be as bad as me doing it.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Just to be absolutely clear, I was not setting a trap for @Azrael (or anyone, for that matter) with my attribution of that quote to Rush Limbaugh. It was a joke ... I assumed everyone would see that.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

My many semesters of unrequited schooling are what entitle me to the joke!

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, that's a credible source.:D

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

When Trump visited Jersey City on Sunday to watch the Presidents Cup, the Secret Service paid $15,600 for the installation and removal of bullet-proof glass so he could watch the tournament.

I should've gone to school to install bulletproof glass.

BTExpress likes this.
  9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Europe helped draft the Iran nuclear deal. Now E.U. leaders seek to save it from Trump pressure.

Trump plans next week to declare that the 2015 Iran deal — which curbs Iranian nuclear activities in exchange for sanctions relief — is no longer in the U.S. national interest, according to U.S. and European officials. Such a move would then give Congress 60 days to vote to reimpose sanctions.

This could pave the way for the deal’s collapse or, more likely, Europeans and others such as China and India could keep up their growing economic and diplomatic engagement with Iran with the United States on the outside looking in.

“The risk [of sanctions] is there, but my perception is that everybody outside the U.S. who participated in the deal wants to increase relations with Iran,” Ulrich Von Zanthier, director of financial risk management at KPMG, a global audit and advisory firm, told the conference.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the insurance premiums you might have to pay just in case the installation wasn't properly done . . .

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Better get those women to start dressing more modestly too!

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The mandate covers employer-provided insurance. So it covers women with jobs. Presumably most of them are adults. Fear of sexual activity by others has been a huge part of the US right wing for eons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.