1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Duh. How many great parts did God hand out?

2. YankeeFan

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

That's an LA thing.

5. YankeeFan

They cave to Morning Mika and her threat to pull her book deal!

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I am the king of predictions!* Must credit Double Down, who said Harvey would not survive this!

*Except for that time I predicted Hillary would win 400 electoral votes and the Dems would win the Senate.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Oh, please, spare me the outrage, YF. Every Republican President since the 90's took money and political assistance from Roger Ailes. Trump has double digit accusers of sexual harassment. Weinstein was big about moving in Democratic circles, but he was just another guy with money and power who acted like a pig. Times changed some, he's lost some of his power and mojo, and between the two he's gone down. Good.

Just quit acting all righteous about his being a Democrat, because this is not a political thing. It's a man with power over attractive women thing. Weinstein has more in common with Ailes than with any Democrat on this.

8. Double Down

I have to laugh a little at the Weinstein Corporation firing him NOW, much like Fox firing O'Reilly and Ailes.

What changed? If Harvey settled eight separate lawsuits involving harassment, they knew exactly who he was. The paid a lot of money to make it go away.

Then the Times unearths it, and they're like "In light of new information that has surfaced in recent days, we have terminated Harvey."

What new information? The stuff that you already mediated with lawyers, and paid to keep quiet over the course of 20 years? Are we really to believe Ashley Judd was the attempted naked massage that broke the company's back?

9. YankeeFan

100% right bout the Weinstein Company, and about FOX.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Everyone who did business with him knew the story - the only people who didn't, probably had no idea who he was or what he did or have ever seen a movie he was involved with. The NYT story just made it all impossible for anyone to deny being aware or to avoid public scrutiny for continuing to do business with him.

11. Double Down

From one of my childhood friends who has worked as a screenwriter in Hollywood for a decade.

YankeeFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.