1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

He's a natural heel, I will give him that, but he's had the title for way too long.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

The triple threat was really good.

Theres still no good reason Smackdowns ppvs should be running well past 11.

3. JimmyHoward33

If AJ goes with Jinder they should pair Nak with KO. Thats a guy who can carry the talking part of the feud and theyd tear it down together in the ring

Batman likes this.
  4. Rainman

Call me crazy, but I would not be surprised if Roode was challenging for the Heavyweight Championship soon.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's a fine line with Jinder. If he drops the title too quickly he looks like a fluke champion and quickly drops back to jobber status. If he keeps it too long he wears out his welcome.
    They have a chance to make him a legitimate star if they get it just right, or destroy his future if they get it wrong. If he's going to keep the belt he needs more clean wins like tonight and a little less interference from the Singhs. A short feud with Styles could do him a lot of good, where Styles can make him look good in the ring and lend a lot of credibility to his championship reign with a clean PPV win over an established star.
    Orton gave him a bit of the latter, but the feud with Nakamura has just fallen flat and I don't think it's all Jinder's fault. Nakamura's ring style is kind of meh.

Baron Scicluna and Rainman like this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think KO is going through the McMahon family tree for the foreseeable future. He's on a road to Triple H. Not sure how Nakamura would shoehorn into that long enough to squeeze an actual feud out of it.

7. Rainman

Which means the WWE are really high on him. I'm really invested in this Owens/McMahon feud. Owens is the best heel in the business in my opinion. He's no Austin, but he's been great feuding against the McMahon's.

8. JimmyHoward33

Doubt Trips comes before Mania so Naks a good place holder through Survivor Series and the Rumble. Last thing they need to KO is the hole Rollins fell into last winter doing squat while we all knew he was waiting for the HHH return

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the dots I was trying to connect was who they could throw in there to be a surrogate and bridge the gap from Shane to Trips and have it be good enough to last three months until the Rumble.
    Maybe Orton in a stooge/gun for hire role? He's drifting a little right now.

10. Rainman

No more Orton. He's so boring.

Shane loves those bad punches.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

True, but he's a guy you can pair with almost anyone in a main event level feud and, just as important, can eat a loss or two without it killing him. He's a perfect placeholder.
    You have KO go over Nakamura right now and that's a death knell for Nakamura. Same is true for a lot of the young guys or anyone they might bring up from NXT with great fanfare.

12. Rainman

This is nuts.

Draft saved Draft deleted