1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers to your family.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sounds like common sense reforms to reach a comprehensive immigration deal.

I guess we’ll see if Democrats are serious about border security, and if they really want to protect Dreamers.

The White House on Sunday delivered to Congress a long list of hard-line immigration measures that President Trump is demanding in exchange for any deal to protect the young undocumented immigrants known as Dreamers, imperiling a fledgling bipartisan push to reach a legislative solution.

Before agreeing to provide legal status for 800,000 young immigrants brought here illegally as children, Mr. Trump will insist on the construction of a wall across the southern border, the hiring of 10,000 immigration agents, tougher laws for those seeking asylum and denial of federal grants to “sanctuary cities,” officials said.

The White House is also demanding the use of the E-Verify program by companies to keep illegal immigrants from getting jobs, an end to people bringing their extended family into the United States, and a hardening of the border against thousands of children fleeing violence in Central America. Such a move would shut down loopholes that encourage parents from Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras to send their children illegally into the United States, where many of them melt into American communities and become undocumented immigrants.

White House Makes Hard-Line Demands for Any ‘Dreamers’ Deal

3. YankeeFan

Yeah, sorry. Bob Corker being upset isn’t enough to make me give a shit.

We voted for a change in the bi-partisan way foreign policy had been handled for decades.

Of course people are uncomfortable with this.

But the old way of doing business resulted in failures.

We already have successes under Trump, and they will continue.

4. Riptide

Robert Reich (hi, Quant!):

I continue to be shocked at the gratuitous cruelty of Trump and his administration. Today the White House announced that before Trump agrees to any deal with Democrats for allowing young undocumented immigrants (known as Dreamers) to stay in the United States legally, Congress must slam shut the border against thousands of children fleeing violence in Central America. Last month, Trump abruptly ended the Obama-era policy called Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, that protected about 800,000 young immigrants from the threat of deportation and provided them legal work permits. If a deal is not reached with Congress by March, tens of thousands of the Dreamers will begin losing permission to work and protection from deportation.

We are talking about children, friends. Dreamers were brought here as small children and know no life other than America. Trump wants to exchange their wellbeing for a crackdown on another group of children seeking to escape gang-related violence in Central American countries.

Call me old-fashioned, but I remember an America that tried to be kind. It didn’t always manage it, but it was never intentionally cruel. My great grandparents came to this land as refugees fleeing violence in Eastern Europe. They were welcomed here. They were grateful. They built new lives for themselves.

I don’t recognize Trump’s America. There is no reason for this intentional cruelty. These children won't take jobs away from Americans. They'll add to our country, as did my great grandparents.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Aw, cute, you played the 'tears' card. You're fucking pathetic.

6. YankeeFan

You’re crying right now, aren’t you?

Have you been to achieve an erecrion since Election Day?

7. Riptide

Are you Stephen Miller?

8. YankeeFan

Which one?

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I don't know what an erecrion is. You illiterate piece of shit.

10. Riptide

The dumb one. ... Nevermind, I got my answer. ;)

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

great line...arithmetic, lol.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He even misspells like the WH staff!

melock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.