1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Dude. Just post the tweet links. It's really easy. When you post images, with a history of them being bullshit, it's problematic.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

My doctor was speechless when I told him my erecion lasted more than four hours.

franticscribe and HanSenSE like this.
  3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

You didn't even misspell his misspelling right!

YankeeFan, Big Circus and melock like this.
  4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You've said that before. This was convenient.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Corker campaigned for Trump. Corker is the head of the Foreign Relations Committe. He has inside knowledge of what is going on and how other republicans feel but are too gutless to speak up. Tillerson was too kind. Trump is far worse than a fucking moron.

There's a lot more going on here than Corker. Perhaps it would be helpful if you did "give a shit."

Corker is the tip of the iceberg. Hopefully Mueller will rid our country of the huge mistake that has been made.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

A 2,000-mile wall as “common-sense reform”? That’s a fair starting point.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh! Corker is the head of the Foreign Relations Committee? Well, that changes everything! His concerns about Trump are very upsetting to me now.

8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I think a huge part of it is that he thinks it will be a monument to him. It will be there for all time and as he often says at inappropriate times, he will be honored by it. I believe it started as a ramble during the campaign, it caught on but he has taken it a step further and thinks about his part in history as if he built the Great Wall.

HanSenSE and Double Down like this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The bolded portion is accurate. Trump’s worldview is almost completely absorbed from FOX News and its ilk. He’s the guy on your social media feed who thinks every problem has a simple, often hostile solution that everyone else is just too politically correct to pursue.

Dumb people eat it up because it recasts their experiences since kindergarten - they really weren’t slow and the teachers and smarty pants kids really were just bullshitters.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    Iron_chet, HC, BadgerBeer and 4 others like this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

And this sums up why our executive branch is an embarrassment.

(And to be clear, I was equally embarrassed in 1998 when the president went in front of cameras and wagged his damn finger and scolded us for thinking he had engaged in "sexual relations with that woman.")

lakefront and tapintoamerica like this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I am 1,000 times more embarrassed now.

service_gamer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.