1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't think this is true.

If there was one policy Trump brought to the campaign from day one, it was a focus on immigration, and border enforcement.

Now, this may have been influenced by FOX News, talk radio, and Ann Coulter, but he didn't stumble into it during a "ramble".

The wall has been a Republican proposal for increased border security for some time. It's very popular among the base, and has been funded in previous bills.

You might think Trump is an idiot, but he crafted a populist message from the start, that gave him a pathway to victory in both the Republican primary, and the general election, and it was in stark contrast to what the Republican "autopsy" of the 2012 race said the Republican message moving forward should be.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He didn't "craft" shit.

He repeated what's on FOX News and he's famous from TV.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He didn't just say that. At some point, he also said the more encompassing "I did not have an inappropriate relationship with" that woman.

4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

The truly weird thing is you don't think Trump is an idiot.

melock likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm not sure he thinks he did!

6. YankeeFan

OK. That still wouldn't mean he stubbled into the issue. He chose to repeat what he heard on FOX news. Any other candidate could have chosen to do this. Only one did.

One candidate saw that the Washington D.C. take on issues wasn't in line with where the primary electorate or the country was.

7. YankeeFan

I think it's really funny that the super smart people the Dems nominate get beaten by dummies like George W. Bush and Donald Trump.

If they're such idiots, how did they win?

8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Because as it turns out, we have a not-insignificant population in this country who is equally stupid.

You know - people who believe things like, "real unemployment rate!" and "secret Muslim!" and "My investigators are finding really interesting things in Hawaii!" and "crowd size!" and "she sold half our uranium!"

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. YankeeFan

Is Cotton aware of Corker's concerns? Someone should tell him.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If Cotton had half the backbone Corker does (which admittedly only sprouted thanks to not being scared of a Trumpista primary opponent), he'd be a hell of a better Senator.

12. YankeeFan

Yeah. Nothing in Cotton's background to indicate he has a "backbone".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.