1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

"Mike, you an incredible job at the Colts game. You've proven your loyalty. Like when Scott Baio detailed my car for 25 dollars without me even asking. Great kid. Beautiful hair. Supple skin. A total winner. But I have a problem. When I asked you to bring McDonald's I expect the fries to be hot and crispy when they get here."

"It was a six hour flight from Californ...."

"Hot and crispy." (Looks at Eric Trump) "These look hot and crispy to you, Eric? Hmm? Hot and crispy. Mike, you did good. Now do better."

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Only the best people.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Cotton doesn't have policies. He's for hire.

Riptide likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I mean, this is hysterical.

Did we get a look at Ben Rhodes as a 9th grader in the New York Times?

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The WH response to this tidbit was so hilarious: Well, it was another girls track team, not his own school.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

OK. Sure. Then it must be easy to point out his policy inconsistencies.

Go ahead and show me where he's changed a position to suit Trump.

8. YankeeFan

That's totally different, right?

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Oh FFS, we got a 7,000 word profile of Ben Rhodes in the Times magazine full of self owns that showed what a moron he is/was.

10. YankeeFan

He liked making liberals cry, even in high school:

For fellow students, the most credible origin story for Mr. Miller remains the simplest.

Surely he believed what he was saying, or at least most of it. But he also seemed to grasp quickly that contrarianism could be its own reward in an ecosystem of the like-minded, a way to stand out among the egos and trust funds of a singular American school district.

“Confrontation was his sort of modus operandi,” said Mr. Rosmarin, the former Santa Monica high school newspaper editor, who now works for the American Civil Liberties Union. “I think it’s why he came to school in the morning.”

And there is little doubt that he subscribed early to a future tenet of Breitbart-era conservatism: If you are upsetting liberals, you are probably doing something right.

11. YankeeFan

Yes, after he played the media for years.

He was the boy wonder of the administration, and didn't get examined anywhere near the way Miller has, all while he was leading negotiations on things like the Iran deal.

12. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I mean, if you're writing a profile, and everyone you interview provides anecdotes about the subject being a complete dick, what are you supposed to do?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.