1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We don’t see a lot of profiles that focus on the high school years. We do when it’s Mitt Romney, Donald Trump, or Miller.

2. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

Many progressives like to post that Will McAvoy monologue from the pilot episode of The Newsroom.

I always wonder what they think of one of the best quotes in it: "If Democrats are so fucking smart why do they lose so goddamned always?"

Will 2016 be enough of a wake-up? We'll see. I know there are grassroots operations who are targeting swing districts in 2018. But I know that because I listen to a lot of liberal/Democractic-leaning podcasts, etc.

Is the message reaching a wide audience? Or are potentially reachable voters rolling their eyes at the focus on Pres. Trump -- no matter how justified that coverage of his embarrassing and childish behavior -- and tuning out politics?

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

To be fair, Miller's was in high school like five years ago.

4. YankeeFan

Yeah. Unlike Rhodes, who was a seasoned foreign policy hand by the time he was a top Obama advisor.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When I said he's for hire, I wasn't talking about Trump. He's bought and paid for by the Club for Growth. Stevie Stephens is going to ride that train all the way to the White House.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes, but not for the reasons you think it is.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

franticscribe likes this.
  8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I've seen one profile on Miller. I seem to remember Obama's pot smoking days detailed quite often.

9. YankeeFan

Obama’s pot smoking came from his own autobiography.

And, since he had already documented his youth, reporters didn’t need to look into it. LOL.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This may be hard to fathom, but some people actually weren’t assholes in high school. Or college. If I were running for president and FOX News wanted to put together a hatchet job, I doubt a single person I grew up with would have a single negative thing to say.

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Do you think there was something that needed to be uncovered that wasn't about Obama?

12. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Baron Scicluna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.