1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ben Roethlisberger made up a hometown for the Steelers media guide after the NYT or SI or maybe both talked to his HS friends or coaches about him after he started raping people. Those type of profiles are dangerous!

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Here’s everything this article says about his high school and college years, including all of the quotes from people who knew him then:

Axelrod wasn’t the most attentive student; he took so many incompletes in college that he ended up having to finish a quarter of his credits in his last semester.

3. YankeeFan

I have to be honest...

I just don’t care enough about Milo to give a shit.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I definitely struggled with girls. Part of it was a crippling fear of rejection. Part of it was not wanting to put someone into the uncomfortable position of having to go with me to a cornerstone, once-in-a-lifetime event in their youth. To this day, I sometimes think, “Dude, you got married. HTF did that happen?”

(I always had hot dates to my fraternity formals in college, though, because it wasn’t like they were foreclosed from the five other possible formals and going with someone they might want to make babies with.)

X-Hack and Donny in his element like this.
  5. YankeeFan

He listed a fake hometown so people wouldn’t know where to look?

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Don't fret. I was a Humphrey kid in '68. Don't know what the hell I was thinking. Maybe it was because he had a neat name.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You cared about Bannon, you defended Milo, and you insisted that is was bullshit to call Brietbart sympathetic to white nationalists even though white nationalists were literally line editing it in secret and now you're all: well I just don't care.

melock, DanielSimpsonDay, JC and 7 others like this.
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It was because people there talked about him being a wannabe in high school, as I recall.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And as he continues to demonstrate, I don't think he has the smarts to come up with a lot of these ideas on his own.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Has yours subsided since then? Perhaps a trip to the emergency room is in order.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Girl fight!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.