1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I wonder what Ivanka thinks of step-mom ripping her mother?

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

A gold-digger convention, presented for your entertainment.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This is what this administration needs, a good cat fight. Why should the men have all the fun?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This guy will win his job back on appeal.

I assume @cranberry will support this.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It could be worse. I voted for Ross Perot. My one throwaway, "I'm pissed at the system" vote.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

In my sixth grade mock election, I was one of five or six who voted for Mondale. Everyone else voted for Reagan except one guy, who voted for Gus Hall, the Communist candidate. In our infinite sixth-grade wisdom, we suppressed his vote and threw it out.

doctorquant likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The best comment on the '84 election came from Ron Meyer, who was fired as Patriots' head coach like two weeks before Election Day. His reaction, "well, before I was for Reagan, but now I'm out of a job so I guess I'm for Mondale."

YankeeFan and Baron Scicluna like this.
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I wrote in Al Gore in my elementary school's 1988 mock between George H.W. and Dukakis.

I think Gore had run in the primary and was strong union and was from Tennessee, like my dad. So my dad urged me to do it.

They announced over the intercom something like, "Michael Dukakis 234, George H.W. Bush 82, Al Gore 1."

melock likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You know, it's a damn shame that it took John McCain getting a brain tumor and Bob Corker deciding not to run again for them to speak out against the party line. That has become the definition of political courage, not to just shut up and go along with whatever idiocy the leadership rolls out.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    TowelWaver and HanSenSE like this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Hall was still running then? Heck, I picked him in our class' 1972 mock election. "Vote for Gus; he'll save US."

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You went to school with John Brennan?

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I voted for John Anderson. Reagan was a befuddled old fogey to me even before the election.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.