1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

As he is a probationary employee, odds are against it. Argument against it would be that it is not a fireable offense.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

My first presidential vote was for Anderson. Really couldn't punch the hole for Carter or Reagan.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

And now a surprisingly lifelike political illustration of the NRA being forcibly dragged into the 21st century:

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

"And that's why you always leave a note!"

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It’s What Bob Corker Does Next That Counts

James Fallows:

"Senator Bob Corker, a Republican of Tennessee, deserves credit for saying in public this evening to The New York Times what most prominent Republicans have known and many have said (in careful privacy) over the past two years.

Namely: that Donald Trump is irrational, ill-informed, impulsive, unfit for command, and increasingly a danger to the country and the world. The man who has ultimate authority over the world’s most powerful military, including its nuclear weaponry, is recklessly issuing threats to North Korea and others that set the nation “on the path to World War III,” according to Corker—who, for the record, is chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. “I know for a fact that every single day at the White House, it’s a situation of trying to contain him,” he told Jonathan Martin and Mark Landler of the Times.

This situation is not normal. It is not safe. And the group which for now has a monopoly on legislative and investigative power in Washington, Corker’s own Republican Party, has an obligation to the country’s past and its future to do something about it. Talk is better than nothing, but action is what counts.

I am hardly the best-sourced figure on partisan politics in general and Republican officialdom in particular—and I’ve been away from Washington most of this year. But even I have heard, first-hand, from Republican senators, representatives, and other dignitaries that they view Donald Trump as a menace in his current role. It’s not (just) that they disagree with some of what he does. It’s that they consider him intellectually unaware of the cliffs toward which he is steering the country, and temperamentally unable to exercise anything like mature judgment. In these and other ways, including his personal and financial ethics, they know that he is outside the range of suitability to hold this job."

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Looking him up, he ran in '72, '76,'80 and '84.

He ended up living until age 90.

7. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I assume you fell head first off the monkey bars at some point after the mock election...just kidding.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If McCain and Corker are courageous, what were Joe Lieberman and Zell Miller?

Somehow I don't remember democrats referring to them as courageous when they broke with their party.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

The story ...

Authorities said a man, later identified as Leverne Ardin Doran of Nottingham, Maryland, attempted to stop a school bus after a bottle was allegedly thrown from the bus and struck his vehicle.

Angry Baltimore County man clings to school bus (VIDEO)

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Miller is a good guy who was badly treated by the party. Lieberman is a dick.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.