1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I didn't even read the story, no less the actual facts of the case; I reacted because you wrote your post in a way that suggested I might somehow "support" some type of racial intimidation in the workplace.

Before I read a word I will go on record unequivocally in saying the guy deserves a fair, impartial hearing.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I'll be impressed if those cowardly fucks actually say something in public.

They won't. Even with the knowledge the president is mentally unstable and unfit for office. How patriotic.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I hope Corker sticks it in sideways and breaks it off. He's certainly positioned to do it, and you know that Trump is incapable of not continuing to pick at him if Corker continues to not kiss his ass. That "adult day care" crack stung.

bigpern23 likes this.
  4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Exactly. Fucko just got called out as a man-baby by a senator. That's gotta be eating at him hard.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm mostly fucking with you. You're the leading advocate of union rights.

I'd guess this was his idea of a joke, but since it wasn't received that way, he's now claiming it was completely innocent.

And, while I'm all for giving employers the right to fire problematic and poor performing employees, I'm not sure how you prove intent in this situation.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Cry me a river. Corker was worried he'd get beat in a primary, so he's throwing a temper tantrum on his way out the door.

Do you think he'd be pulling any of this if he was cruising to reelection?

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Yeah. Look over there.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Nope. Not in a million election cycles.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Glad the president cleared this up for everybody

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Or he wanted to get out of the DC shitshow led by Trump. Lots of longtime Hill GOPers are considering the same move.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Corker was one of the GOP "establishment" who went out of their way to court Trump and try to help him. And this is the result. Whether or not he would have lost a primary is an unanswerable question. We DO know Trump asked him to run but that Corker had already decided to bail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.