1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

If this is a DB, please forgive me, but video of Pence leaving the Colts' game has surfaced.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yep, but he (and others) realize Trump is unhelpable.

3. Inky_Wretch

I’m glad MLB players respect the flag.

HanSenSE and Dick Whitman like this.
  4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

So, you'd prefer to intentionally ignore the point: More than a few members of the GOP know Trump is mentally unstable and unfit for office.

But, you know that, too. Everyone knows that.

5. Deskgrunt50

Saw this. Haven't really heard a good explanation as to why any piece of clothing worn as a flag is OK, but kneeling in peaceful protest isn't OK.

This guy puts his cock and balls on the flag. Pence walks out in a transparent, staged, idiotic protest because a few players protested for racial equality.

Hmmm... I wonder what the difference is between that baseball player than those football players.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    lakefront likes this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I probably missed this in the thread. If not ...

"I have the direct number to White House, but I no really want to call him there because Melania is there,” Ivana said. "I don't want to cause any kind of jealousy or something like that because I'm basically first Trump wife.”

Melania Trump hits back at Ivana for calling herself the 'first lady'

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'll admit I feel dumb for assuming people like YF were brand loyal to conservatism and triggering liberals was a secondary benefit. It's the other way around.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The players are intentionally spurning the flag. This idiot is misguidedly celebrating it.

This is a big liberal talking point right now, in various forms. I find it really ineffective.

It’s about intent.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm sure if that wasn't the case they'd find some other reason. There's always a reason why the rules for white people are different.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Ball is really in your court Dak, or Dez, or Zeke, or Witten

11. Deskgrunt50

It's his intent to honor the flag by wearing it on his dick?

This isn't actually something I'm all that worked up about. I've never really found any symbols to be sacred. It's just stupid that a peaceful protest, and free speech, for racial equality has been hijacked by this fucking moron president.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  12. Inky_Wretch

US Flag Code doesn’t offer waivers for postseason celebrations.

lakefront likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.