1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Was the chill down her spine more powerful than the chill that ran up Caleb Hannan's spine?

You've LOL'd his spinal description. Do you believe an actual chill ran down Evans' spine?

In the years that followed, Evans encountered Weinstein occasionally. Once, while she was walking her dog in Greenwich Village, she saw him getting into a car. “I very clearly saw him. I made eye contact,” she said. “I remember getting chills down my spine just looking at him. I was so horrified. I have nightmares about him to this day.”

3. Songbird

At some point, Argento said, she stopped saying no and feigned enjoyment, because she thought it was the only way the assault would end. “I was not willing,” she told me. “I said, ‘No, no, no.’ . . . It’s twisted. A big fat man wanting to eat you. It’s a scary fairy tale.” Argento, who insisted that she wanted to tell her story in all its complexity, said that she didn’t physically fight him off, something that has prompted years of guilt.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

She was basically asking for it, right? And consider how she dressed

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Somewhere Bob Knight smiles.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

WTF?

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I imagine she did.

Hell, I bet it did for Young Caleb as well, just for all the wrong reasons.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That was certainly my reaction, yes.

9. Songbird

“We had the evidence,” the police source involved in the operation told me. “It’s a case that made me angrier than I thought possible, and I have been on the force a long time.”

That quote in part 5 reminds me of a guy in town recently who is very much like Weinstein in terms of predatory behavior.

He touted himself an Oscar-nominated documentarian. He has made documentaries but is not in the Oscar database. That made me curious.

Then I heard a rumor about his past in New Mexico around 2000 and the signs I noticed made sense in the way he acted around teen mothers or young attractive women.

I went into reporter mode for the next year and dug up a trove of police and court records and interviewed the assault victim, and the D.A.

He was thisclose from being sentenced to 5 years but caught a break at the last minute and walked.

The prosecuting attorney said "That guy was a real smart-ass ... arrogant little prick ... total scam artist. No doubt he did what she alleged -- assault or rape. I think he did most, if not all, of what (victim) said. I wish there was physical evidence. I would not have anything to do with him personally or professionally. The guy is bad news. I regret not being able to convict him on something. I would've loved to nail his ass ... some get away."

The guy quietly left town over a year ago. I think he gets found out in every town he goes to.

10. YankeeFan

Well, to be fair, he was mocking Ragu's post, which suggested as much.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I humbly withdraw the post.

12. YankeeFan

Sorry. Not good enough.

I'm going to need a full self denunciation.

SnarkShark and dooley_womack1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.