1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You are responding to an imaginary post.

Agreed.

Your premise is based upon an imaginary post.

Agreed.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

When has anyone ever said that Trump's twitter account is an all encompassing source for his thoughts and statements on every subject.

It's funny. People make fun of his tweets. Say he shouldn't do it, Say they shouldn't receive coverage.

But, then also say, "why didn't he tweet about (insert subject)?"

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Whatever is floating around in your pea brain bears no relationship to anything I am thinking.

melock and BadgerBeer like this.
  4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

This was all I hoped for and more.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

Are you ready to take an IQ test mister?

doctorquant likes this.
  6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Nope. Maybe your conscience is finally catching up to your reflexive iconoclasm on this one, but that was your argument.

7. Dick Whitman

Nope.

But it's what you need my argument to have been in order to permit you to assert your moral superiority, your favorite past-time here.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

LOL. OK.

A beautiful woman has two different powerful men sexually harass and/or assault her, and you think it's suspicious, that she could not have been "shocked", and suggest she may have been a prostitute, looking for a bigger pay day.

But we're taking it out of context if we suggest you didn't imply any of that.

9. Dick Whitman

Your head moderator, ladies and gentlemen.

JC likes this.
  10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I denounce him. Peabrain is one word.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

No, I didn't say it is "suspicious that she could have been "shocked," or anything close to that. And I didn't suggest she is "a prostitute, looking for a bigger pay day." Or anything close to that. Nor did I call her a "gold-digging slut." Or anything close to that.

Stick to the lame third-grade political commentary you do all day long on here (which I can easily ignore).

12. YankeeFan

Nah, this doesn't suggest anything of the sort. Sounds like you have tremendous respect for her, and other victims of sexual assault.

Two, that NY Post account might not be too off, DD. One thing that makes you have to wonder about her. ... This wasn't the first time she got herself into an uncomfortable situation with a powerful, older sex-obsessed man. . ... and then took him down. She testitied at Silvio Berlusconi's trial for statutory rape about one of his "bunga bunga" parties -- the orgies he and his friends had with houses filled with hookers. She said she was invited to the party and then was shocked (same way she was shocked by Harvey Weinstein's octopus hands) by the degrading acts she was subjected to and the women performing nude lap dances for Berlusconi and his buddies.

Whether it's coincidental or not.
    ... She's a bit like the Zelig of beautiful aspiring actress / models who are surprised when powerful men 3 times her age take an interest in her and show their stripes when she goes to meet them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.