1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

There's not a lot of furniture shopping in there. It's almost like there's more than one way to sexually assault a woman than taking her furniture shopping. Weird.

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

telling her how much he liked her style and inviting her to visit him in New York to talk about her future. Soon enough, she said, he delivered another unwelcome kiss on her lips,

I was then told Mr. Trump would allow me to use his private jet only if I accepted his private invitation."

Was a receptionist at a firm in Trump Tower.
    She says that immediately after she introduced herself to Trump, he kissed her cheeks, then moved to her mouth. "It was so inappropriate," she told the New York Times. "I was so upset that he thought I was so insignificant that he could do that."

to interview Trump and his wife, Melania. During a break, Trump offered to show her around, saying there was one room in particular he wanted her to see. Stoynoff's account describes what happened next as an "attack": "We walked into that room alone, and Trump shut the door behind us. I turned around, and within seconds, he was pushing me against the wall, and forcing his tongue down my throat. ..

a contestant on The Apprentice
    Speaking in a Friday news conference with her attorney, Gloria Allred, Zervos said that Trump kissed her "aggressively" and touched her breast. She said he also led her into the bedroom. After she walked out, he embraced her. She tried to push him away, and he "began thrusting his genitals."

a contestant on The Apprentice
    Speaking in a Friday news conference with her attorney, Gloria Allred, Zervos said that Trump kissed her "aggressively" and touched her breast. She said he also led her into the bedroom. After she walked out, he embraced her. She tried to push him away, and he "began thrusting his genitals."

Miss USA pageant
    "He probably doesn't want me telling the story about that time he continually grabbed my ass and invited me to his hotel room," according to Yahoo.

"Trump took Tic Tacs, suggested I take them also. He then leaned in, catching me off guard, and kissed me almost on lips. I was really freaked out. ... After (the meeting), Trump asked me to come into his office alone. Was really unsure what to do. ... Figured I could handle myself. Anyway, once in his office he kept telling me how special I am and gave me his cell, asked me to call him. I ran the hell out of there."

"To have the owner come waltzing in when we're naked or half naked in a very physically vulnerable position, and then to have the pressure of the people that work for him telling us to go fawn all over him, go walk up to him, talk to him..." she added.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Honestly, YF, it's ridiculous that you're trying to parse this. When Trump had the Miss Whatever pageant (I don't care enough to look it up whether it was America, Universe or USA) he clearly wielded power over their careers. And he has also been accused of fondling/grabbing developers and real estate agents, people whose careers he certainly could have influenced. We're not talking about going in for a kiss, which I refuse to classify as "sexual assault" even if that's how we get the much-derided "1 in 4 women" stat people here hate so much. Trump is admitting to grabbing pussies. A ton of women say he grabbed them this way. That his pathetic "move" was taking them furniture shopping does not mean he was not out there committing sexual assault.

Let's just be frank about how you feel here: You'll pull a muscle trying to defend what he did because you got into the habit of defending him and think it's fun to watch him troll liberals and maybe accomplish some stuff in government as a secondary benefit. You think Harvey Weinstein's and Bill Clinton's similar actions are a monstrous reflection of liberalism and hypocrisy from the people who supported them while condoning (or turning a blind eye to) their private behavior.

I choose to view all of them as awful people.

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

yes, please see above. I have put in a few examples.

The kiss thing may seemha rsh as an example of "sexual assault" until you have experienced it. I believe there are many degrees of that word.

and I am done.

Double Down likes this.
  5. Double Down

I guess my next question for my friend Yankee Fan is:

Why do you only believe liberal women when they say they've been sexually assaulted, and not women who "get involved" with conservative men?

Are liberal women more credible? More honest?

I would have thought you'd see it the other way, as evidenced by, like, 20,000 clever posts about liberal behavior.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I didn’t say that, pea brain, so don’t misrepresent what I say.

Not once have I said they are liars. Not once have I said any of it is “fake news.”

The point is that Trump said “they let you do it,” which, in a vacuum, could imply consent or the belief that consent was granted. I could parse the entire sequence, which indicates that Trump was actually attempting to clarify his prior statement that could have been interpreted as non-consent (to kissing).

Double Down, wrong as he is, answered me like a grown-up. The site’s head moderator couldn’t be troubled to, though.

I’m tired of this shit. I’m trying to make a legitimate, earnest point about best journalism practices, and 20 wise guys want to twist what I say to turn me into a rape sympathizer.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

While we're parsing Dickmouth's words again, we'd be smart to keep in mind the word "grab" is clearly indicative of sudden movement that is not proposed and/or consented to beforehand.

poindexter likes this.
  8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that not all of these women were of age. Trump bought a teenage beauty pageant just so he could pop in on the dressing room of underage children.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

And yes, suddenly kissing a woman you just met is sexual assault.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Asia Argento let Weinstein do it.

11. Double Down

Let's talk about where I'm wrong, tho. (Like adults.) Because for you to be right, I think it requires a Cirque du Soleil of semantic gymnastics.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think it’s vice versa, but right now I have family story time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.