1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Addition of Braun makes the TLC match a little less predictable.

Im confused tho. Braun wrecks Seth and Dean in matches, fair and square, so they get a third guy and 3-on-1 him? And theyre the babyfaces? OK....

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I was thinking that too. I guess they're the faces because Braun was going to beat up Matt Hardy some more and they made the save.

They could have made it a little more like Hardy was in danger and needed saving, though. Maybe have Braun power slam Hardy a couple of more times, then start preparing the table to put Hardy through before Shield guys make the save and put Braun through that same table.

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

So, did they just decide Bray Wyatt needed to be turned into a complete joke?

4. Baron Scicluna

I guess they're going to have him be Sister Abigail in an alternate character, like Balor has the Demon.

So far, it ain't good.

5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I dread the Sister Abigail vs. the Demon match. The Demon is cool. Sister Abigail, not so much. Could've been if it had been Paige or someone rebranded from NXT or something. This is going to be awful.

6. JimmyHoward33

Plus Braun being aligned with the only actual heel in the business, Miz. Makes Braun a heel? Or he'll be a tweener and wind up either wrecking the whole Miztourage or walking out on them so he doesn't eat a loss?

I hate it from a character development standpoint with Strowman.

But I really like it becuase I can't easily predict how the main event of TLC ends and that's good news.

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Yeah, and don't forget that third guy actually tried to murder Strowman a few months ago, and they've still been pushing him as a face (or, at the very least, a tweener).

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  8. JimmyHoward33

9. Baron Scicluna

10. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

The Sister Abigail thing sounds awful—in a way that reminds me of the many hokey/supernatural story lines they did with the Undetaker back in the day. It will be impressive if Wyatt can survive this kind of stuff half as well as the Undertaker did.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe they can reintroduce Nia Jax as Sister Abigail, put her under a mask, and have them begin a long-running and occasionally preposterous feud.

12. Baron Scicluna

The Neville thing sounds strange. Maybe he's just tired that he's pigeonholed as a cruiserweight, or maybe he really just doesn't like Enzo and doesn't want to work with him. This is one of those things that we'll have to stay tuned for.

Draft saved Draft deleted