1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

And he's a slob who always looked like he was walking home at 4 a.m. from a black tie event and had somehow lost his bow tie during the drunken evening.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's a 2 at 10 and a 10 at 2.

Of course, women are a 6 at 10 and a 6 at 2

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Harvey blames his brother.

Harvey Weinstein believes his brother Bob betrayed him

Bob tells TMZ that Harvey is obviously a very sick man:

My brother Harvey is obviously a very sick man. I’ve urged him to seek immediate professional help because he is in dire need of it. His remorse and apologies to the victims of his abuse are hollow … he has proven himself to be a world class liar and now rather than seeking help he is looking to blame others. His assertion is categorically untrue from A to Z. I pray he gets the help that he needs and I believe that it is him behind all of these stories to distract from his own failure to get help.

But, how innocent is Bob?

A. He's certainly the chief enabler. Bob's known about Harvey's act for years.

2. The following emails were posted on twitter by Rose McGowan.

It looks like Bob used the same playbook as Harvey.

There's no reason for a studio head to meet with an actress -- in a hotel room -- to discuss a cameo in a movie.

And, when you start to see how agents an publicists, as well as Weinstein employees, were involved in setting up these encounters, you see how many people not only knew what was happening, but were actively complicit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Charlie Sheen?

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Harvey isn't the victim here—he's a monster—but he should be under a suicide watch. Talk about a life unraveling.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I don't want to make light of this horrible thing or what Rose McGowan went through, but I am stealing "I am far too talented, smart, loving, aware, charismatic, and somewhat pretty to be walked over" when my wife asks me to go get her phone in the other room.

Webster and britwrit like this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Looking forward to your fawning profile of him.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    YankeeFan likes this.
  8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I don't understand why that email is supposed to be from Rose McGowan. The one above it is to Lindsay Lohan.

9. YankeeFan

That was Lindsay Lohan.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Stop stepping on my terrible jokes and get back to producing content for the middle-aged male soap opera that is this message board, guys.

11. YankeeFan

McGown published it. She said it was sent to her anonymously.

But, it’s Lindsay Lohan’s reply to her agent, who was trying to arrange a meeting with her and Bob Weinstein at the Peninsula Hotel.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

How NBC ‘Killed’ Ronan Farrow’s Weinstein Exposé

When it came to shaping his public image, Weinstein was at once meticulous and relentless—forever calling in chits and wielding leverage like a weapon. He alternately flattered and bullied reporters (including this one), while occasionally attempting to entice journalists and gossip columnists with offers of book and movie deals.

More than a decade ago, when this reporter was doing a gossip column at the New York Daily News and politely declined Weinstein’s request to kill an item about his recent divorce, he wheedled that he was my most loyal fan and had advised the paper’s owner to give me a raise; when that didn’t work, he angrily threatened to ban me from his screenings and premieres, and finally erupted: “I’m the scariest motherfucker you’ll ever have as an enemy in this town!”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.