1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If NBC had enough to run with it, which is your guess. ... the long arm of Harvey Weinstein or a too-conservative news organization that defers too much to legal, which is scared of its own shadow? Or some combination of the two?

David Remnick deserves a ton of credit. He's not the type to be cowed easily, And that magazine will fact check the living hell out of something, perhaps beyond what anyone else will do, but they don't simply spike things out of fear.

2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I don't usually put too much stock in the value of just looks. I try to see deeper and I understand and believe in the value and power of getting to know someone. But it's hard to imagine anybody being married to Harvey Weinstein for anything other than Hollywood clout and favor.

And maybe it's just the timing, but he looks not-a-little-bit-vaguely like Stephen Paddock to me. Just saying...and maybe that's part of the un-appeal.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Saving you the trouble.

[​IMG]

SnarkShark and Songbird like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That reads like the outrage of a man whose daughter interned with Weinstein.

6. Neutral Corner

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

Or pretty drunk, but yeah. I can't imagine his putting it out in public unless it were true though. It's hardly macho enhancing.

I'm starting to wonder if this is the start of Hollywood getting a good dose of what the Catholic Church did when the dam broke on the pedophilia stories.

9. Neutral Corner

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Wiki: "Jackson T. Katz is an American educator, filmmaker, and author. He has created a gender violence prevention and education program entitled Mentors in Violence Prevention, which is used by U.S. military and various sporting organizations."

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Wasn't it the two Coreys who claimed that Hollywood was rife with pedophiles? That they'd been handing around and yet were legally prevented from saying so? That might be the next domino to fall.

lakefront likes this.
  12. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

It's also probably relevant that there have always been rumors that Ronan Farrow is the son of Frank Sinatra, not Woody Allen.

That's a gene pool that knows vendettas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.