1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The Birds came out in 1963.

No wonder Azrael isn't offended by Harvey Weinstein. It's just the price actresses have to pay if they want to work in the industry.

[​IMG]

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Tippi should have shifted her focus to soccer. Because World Cup. :cool:

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Hitchcock liked them young and blonde. I have no idea how many rapes he committed (if any), but he was a sexual predator just like all the other powerful men who use their status to abuse women. It happens in films, music and corporate offices all over the world, a particular brand of singular psychopathy to men in powerful positions.

I love Hitchcok's films, especially Rear Window, but it does give me pause knowing how abusive he was. Is it possible to compartmentalize? Love the art but hate the artist? I'm not sure whether that's a bright line or whether it is more fluid. I reckon I've already answered that for myself.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

This is what I struggle with when it comes to Woody Allen. "Annie Hall" is one of my favorite movies and I really love "Manhattan," "Broadway Danny Rose" and others. I'm not sure I believe the molestation allegations, but for sure he's a creepy guy. And yet, whenever he has a new movie out, I see it.

5. YankeeFan

Stone defended Weinstein, which I guess is better than appearing disgusted by the behavior, when you've done the same, or similar, things:

6. YankeeFan

LOL. I don't think it's necessarily true, but it's still funny.

MSNBC, CNN, they are literally becoming unhinged as you listen to them. News anchors actually using the word BS in prime time on news coverage to talk about something a Republican or conservative guest has said. “I’m not gonna listen to this bull –” and then close the microphone of the guest.

They’re giving it up. They are finally, in their frustration, exposing who they have always been. The Harvey Weinstein situation, who would have ever — you know, if Hillary Clinton had been elected, none of this would be happening. We would not to this day know anything that we know about Harvey Weinstein or any of the other things going on.

No, we wouldn’t. The New York Times would not have dared run this story with Hillary in the White House. They would have not have dared embarrass the primary fundraiser and donor. It would not have happened. They would have gone on protecting Weinstein and extolling the virtues of Hollywood. Elections have consequences.

The Swamp Is Pulling Their Hair out Because Trump Speaks for People They’ve Long Held in Contempt

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I was talking with someone today who has decent political connections. He said there is a belief Bannon is behind this...Hollywood was all over Trump, his fiercest critics. Now Bannon is taking down Hollywood.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Bannon convinced Ashley Judd to go OTR with Jodi Kantor, and Macgowan to confirm she got $100,000 to sign a NDA? And all those women to talk to Farrow?

Um... I don't see it.

LongTimeListener likes this.
  9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Not sure where you'd get the idea I'm not offended by Harvey Weinstein. I am. What I am not, is surprised.

11. YankeeFan

Oh. Well, I’m sure glad you’re offended.

Didn’t seem that way.

But, at least you didn’t slut shame like @The Big Ragu

JC likes this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Speaking of which.

Where's the outrage over Tim Murphy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.