1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't care about a secondary or even primary breach in protocol in the Pharmalogical Guide by a local pharmacist in DC. In fact, the instrument has yet to be invented that can measure my don't-give-a-shittedness. From what I read here, he didn't even name names! I do care about the people on drugs running this country. Call me crazy.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's possible, I guess, that he might have been talking about a past member of Congress. Maybe.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Sorry guys - this break won't be long but we have a little bit of work to do and I don't have time to get to it at the moment. Be back soon.

outofplace likes this.
  5. Moderator1

We try again (because we're stupid?): final warning or some such shit: If you can't post without being as asshole, please don't post.

Fuck you is not an acceptable response, to this post or any other.

Don't make me throw away these keys! Wait til your father gets home

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Been waiting to post this for 2 days.

“I Hate Everyone”: Trump Seethes as Advisers Fear He Is “Unraveling”

The thought of Mattis or Kelly tackling him ... lol

One former official even speculated that Kelly and Secretary of Defense James Mattis have discussed what they would do in the event Trump ordered a nuclear first strike. “Would they tackle him?” the person said. Even Trump’s most loyal backers are sowing public doubts. This morning, The Washington Post quoted longtime Trump friend Tom Barrack saying he has been “shocked” and “stunned” by Trump’s behavior.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'll miss you 2018 World Cup soccer thread.

8. Moderator1

In all seriousness (if we're allowed to do that still): thank you for waiting and not badgering us or starting threads about what jackwads we are, etc.
    And don't hate, but I meant to unlock yesterday. Drove to the D.C. area, hung out with my daughter, went to see granddaughter. Meant to log in before heading to see the grandkid and, well, I'm old and forgot. So sorry for the day delay.

Carry on

Iron_chet, HC, outofplace and 3 others like this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Is it journalistic malpractice to write that "Trump doesn't know HE is the president of the U.S. Virgin Islands"?

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Not if you can do it while folding laundry and jamming to Petty. :)

#lightheartedhumor

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

That the White House Chief of Staff and the Director of the NSA and Sec of Defense are contemplating (or even joking) tackling the POTUS if he were to go for the nuclear football to launch a first strike seems like it ought to be a harrowing, three-alarm anecdote about his state of mind, but sadly Trump has so corroded our norms that our reaction is basically: "Well that does seem bad. Wonder what he'll tweet next."

The Pod Save America guys made a good point in a recent episode, though. Democrats/liberals need to drop this fantasy that Mueller or the cabinet is going to save us all. Any scenario that requires Paul Ryan or Mitch McConnell to have an ounce of courage is complete nonsense. Even if Kelly and McMaster and Mattis somehow convinced Mnuchin and DeVos and Ben Carson and Rick Perry (LOLOLOLOL at the idea of any single one of them going along with any of it) that Trump was legit crazy, there is absolutely no chance Trump is going to be removed via the 25th Amendment. Bannon knows this, and so in floating that scenario to Trump, he's only trying to stir more chaos and distrust. Bannon is The Joker, basically.

I really believe the truest thing Trump has ever said is that he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and his base would not abandon him. He could shoot Steve Mnuchin or Gary Cohen and there would be an entire hour on Hannity where he said "Why was it OK for Hamilton and Burr to duel and not Trump? Our country was founded on duels."

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.