1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Fuck her too.

I guess coaching an old dinosaur wasn't all it was made out to be, huh?

“I can see that my just being associated with this was a mistake,” Bloom said in an interview with BuzzFeed News. “All I can say is, from my perspective, I thought, ‘Here is my chance to get to the root of the problem from the inside. I am usually on the outside throwing stones. Here is my chance to be in the inside and to get a guy to handle this thing in a different way.’ I thought that would be a positive thing, but clearly it did not go over at all.”

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Oh, what disingenuous bunk. Nah, her decision to represent him didn't have anything to do with those big ole checks he sent her way, she just wanted to "get to the root of the problem" and make the world a better place...

Fuck her insincere bullshit. I've no problem whatsoever with lawyers representing cretins, that is part of the job, but spare us the lies about your motive.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Good point. Now do this one:

[​IMG]

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well, you know, the obvious difference is that one's insincere bullshit comes as part of her doing her job duties. She's not spewing it in defense of herself personally, but instead of the Trump administration--you know, the thing she's hired to do.

Conversely, Bloom's comments about her supposed motives here were not in defense of her client, instead they were solely about herself and nobody else.

5. Riptide

Close enough for me! A sellout is a sellout.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Seagal is a Russian citizen and big friend of Putin nowadays, so we can expect Trump to defend him on Twitter in 3-2-
    I'm willing to spread this rumor

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You get the sense that figures like Weinstein, Cosby, Ailes, O'Reilly etc. (you could probably throw in Lance Armstrong) finally pay the price for their behavior after people realize there is no (or not much) more money to be made off of them. That they are at the end of the line in any event and they don't have as much juice as they used to. Or maybe it is just a new generation of journos and corporate overlords who don't have anything to lose.
    I can't help but think how many others who are still producing strong margins for investors are still being protected. It's kind of sickening.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Bannon and Bannon's fans would love you to believe he has the kind of juice to make this happen

10. Riptide

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

12. Riptide

In a move virtually unprecedented, disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein’s membership in the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences was revoked Saturday by its board.

The decision was reached in an emergency session by the academy, the world’s top movie organization and home to the Oscars. The expulsion was effective immediately. ...

The academy’s swift and severe ruling against Weinstein may raise questions about other academy members who remain in good standing. These include Roman Polanski, an Oscar-winner who in the 1970s pleaded guilty to drugging and raping a 13-year-old girl, and entertainer Bill Cosby, who has faced dozens of allegations of sexual assault.

Motion Picture Academy expels movie mogul Harvey Weinstein

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.