1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about what Trump thinks, or the damaged, gullible authoritarian souls who follow him. I'm talking about the majority of potential voters. When a person runs on the platform "I can fix everything," and things are unfixed or even worse, he'll get blamed. Trump is tracking at or a little below 40 percent approval at the same time majorities say the economy is doing OK to well. That's unprecedented. He is getting blamed for things.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The health care order is just like decertifying the Iran nuke deal. Or anything else Trump has tried to fix, but failed to do. Make a proclamation. Declare it Congress' problem. Tweet about the NFL, NBC or Puerto Rico. Grab his clubs. Throw some paper towels to the masses on his way to the cart.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

4. Riptide

George Will:

Trump’s energy, unleavened by intellect and untethered to principle, serves only his sovereign instinct to pander to those who adore him as much as he does. Unshakably smitten, they are impervious to the Everest of evidence that he disdains them as a basket of gullibles. He understands that his unremitting coarseness satisfies their unpolitical agenda of smashing crockery, even though his self-indulgent floundering precludes fulfillment of the promises he flippantly made to assuage their sense of being disdained. He gives his gullibles not governance by tantrum, but tantrum as governance.

Opinion | Sinister figures lurk around our careless president

heyabbott likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

6. Riptide

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

First, thanks for re-opening this thread, Moddy.

Second ... Doc H. has a valid point about one thing: the people who actually bothered to vote last year got the result they wanted. A whole lot of people stayed on the sidelines, and they got the result they deserved.

That's why for the next three years, registering people to vote and, in 2018 and 2020, making sure they get to the polls has to be the No. 1, absolute top priority.

The more people vote, the less chance for the GOP agenda and Trump to succeed on Election Day. Everyone knows this. So it's time to do something about it!

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is a colossal load of bullshit. You're kidding yourself if you don't think there were a large percentage of Trump voters who chose him only because he was the Republican candidate.

I don't think nearly as many people like the result as you think. I think many are too embarrassed to admit their mistake, so they double down. Or they can't admit to others or to themselves that it was just about party loyalty or hatred of Clinton because such simplistic thinking makes them look bad.

Back to the initial point, it is comical that YF thinks there is meaning in that poll. Trump voters supported something Trump said. Yawn.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.